Rum Point Ferry

zydecocruiser

----- Original Message -----

To: me

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:18 PM

Subject: RE: rum point ferry

Thank you for your email.

At this time, the Rum Point Ferry is not running, and there is no date set as yet. It could be until the end of the yr.

Please let me know if you have any further queries on the above.

Kind regards,

Lashan Perez

Red Sail Sports

Now sure why it isn't running. Doesn't seem to be a high priority. Maybe Rum Point still couldn't handle the inflow of people. Check just before you go and maybe you'll be lucky! Native Way does have a tour if your cruise ship is there early enough and long enough:

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html#RRR

By any chance, would you know if you can book an excursion with Nativeway at the Pier? Or do you have to book it in advance?

The answer is maybe (don't ya love those). IF they have room and IF you show up at the right time. They don't just troll the docks looking for biz, but if you show up when one of their tours is supposed to meet? I did a regular stingray tour with them last time, and a family walked up at the tender dock and asked if they could sign up and were told yes.

You could make a reservation and cancel before the cruise leaves if you decide otherwise - forget exactly what the policy is or how many days notice is needed.

You can book on-line w/nativeway. You don't need to put any money down, but they require you give them your credit card # just to hold the reservation. You can pay in cash, travelers checks or credit card when there on the excursion. They require a 72 hr. notice to cancel.

We are going with them on the rays, reef and rum point excursion from the Navigator in mid-may. I will write a review when we get back.

Archived