Sargent_Schultz or anyone else familiar with NOLA

nchikk

We're thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn in Gretna the night before our cruise in September. Their parking-inclusive package, after taxes, is only $20 more than port parking alone.

Im guessing the hotel and room are ok. We don't need anything fancy...just a place to sleep for the night before embark and a place for the car to sleep for the week.

I'm curious about the neighborhood. Is it ok? There seems to be a shopping centre (Oakwood) across the Westbank Expressway form the hotel.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

We're thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn in Gretna the night before our cruise in September. Their parking-inclusive package, after taxes, is only $20 more than port parking alone.

Im guessing the hotel and room are ok. We don't need anything fancy...just a place to sleep for the night before embark and a place for the car to sleep for the week.

I'm curious about the neighborhood. Is it ok? There seems to be a shopping centre (Oakwood) across the Westbank Expressway form the hotel.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

We are looking at that hotel too. It is a good deal, but I sure would like to hear from someone who had stayed there and used the shuttle.

We are sailing in September too (Sept 9) on the Conquest...can't wait!

Michelle

We are looking at that hotel too. It is a good deal, but I sure would like to hear from someone who had stayed there and used the shuttle.

We are sailing in September too (Sept 9) on the Conquest...can't wait!

Michelle

They don't offer transportation to or from the port.

nchikk...

How about the Quality Inn and Suites Gretna? I called and they do offer a shuttle to and from and free parking during the duration of the cruise with one night's lodging for $129. Is it a safe place to leave our car?

• 1 year later...
nchikk...

How about the Quality Inn and Suites Gretna? I called and they do offer a shuttle to and from and free parking during the duration of the cruise with one night's lodging for $129. Is it a safe place to leave our car?

Bumping this because we are considering this hotel for an upcoming stay. Any thoughts or reviews?

Bumping this because we are considering this hotel for an upcoming stay. Any thoughts or reviews?

Just a suggestion.

You're more likely to get responses if you start a new thread with the name of the hotel in the subject line.

Good luck.

The neighborhood is ok. As long as you leave your belongings in the trunk and the car locked, there is enough traffic that folks wont bother trying to get into it.

Oakwood mall has completely reopened and renovated since Katrina, during the height of the storm and aftermath some less than nice folks broke in, looted anything worth anything and then piled the rest in the center and set it ablaze. I haven't been there in years, but it was safe when I went there as a teenager. Same rules apply about car safety, a busy neighborhood is really pretty safe.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Gretna during our last cruise. It included breakfast, but no shuttle to or from the cruise terminal. They did let us park there for the duration of the cruise free of charge.

There were 10 of us in our group. The husbands dropped the wives, kids and luggage off at the terminal and drove back to the hotel to park. Then they took a taxi back to the terminal (about $20). It worked out well.