Key West Pub Crawl or Freeport Bottom Fishing

lghgha

Hello! Has anyone ever done either of these excursions? Leaving in 2 weeks aboard the Conquest headed to the Bahamas. These 2 excursions caught my eye. Just wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you in advance! :D

My sister did the pub crawl 2 years ago..they were a group of women celebrating a 5oth birthday, and I think she said they were in with a group of 20somethings (all guys..lol) She had a blast, they went with the guide from the ship who took them from bar to bar on Key West, where they learned a bit about the history, they played some silly games, won prizes and drank quite a bit..they were all feeling no pain when they got back to the ship...she brings it up every now and then so I know she had a great time

PUB CRAWLLLLLL! It was great!! My review is in my signature but we had a great time! We were 22 & 24 and were in a pretty mixed group of people. There were people our age with their parents as well as older couples and couples in their 30's. We stopped by 5 bars and had great drinks. Our guide was Beau and he was fantastic. He told us little fun facts as we walked from place to place. (We even stopped by Jimmy Buffets recording studio) It will be a great time!

You can do it yourself, but if you do you definately need an official "Herder"...that one sober person to herd you back onto the ship. Otherwise, the slightly extra cost is worth it...Someone will get you back and no one in your group need drink diet Coke all the time you are onshore.

PS..Ne sure to visit Captaion Tony's..this is the place where Hemingway actually did all his drinking, despite two other bars in Key West claiming they were his watering holes. And besides, Jimmy Buffet has always had a soft spot in his heart for Captain Tony.

You can do it yourself, but if you do you definately need an official "Herder"...that one sober person to herd you back onto the ship. Otherwise, the slightly extra cost is worth it...Someone will get you back and no one in your group need drink diet Coke all the time you are onshore.

PS..Ne sure to visit Captaion Tony's..this is the place where Hemingway actually did all his drinking, despite two other bars in Key West claiming they were his watering holes. And besides, Jimmy Buffet has always had a soft spot in his heart for Captain Tony.

Its $39.95 and includes a shirt and 5 drinks. So at less than $8 a drink, not factoring in the cost of the shirt, its worth it to have the guide.

Some of the bars offer well drinks but the Flying Monkeys offer slushie style drinks which are amazing. One includes 3 shots of grain alcohol!

You can also use the excursion coupon codes on this excursion. Try the ones listed on the site, or maybe you will get the email:)

I did the Freeport fishing back in October. If you've never been fishing or just don't kow any better than it's alright.:rolleyes: The trip starts with you buying thier warm, flat overpriced beer. Than they rush you too your own plastic lawn chair on a boat that has seen better days. You stay in-sight of shore so the boat will do. Once they drop anchor at no particular place (no GPS and no working Depth/Fishfinder) they had out the yard sale fishing poles with the rotten lines and a cup of squid. Be careful drinking the beer because you'll have to use the head. The head will gag a maggot. Not to bad for aim and shoot, my heart goes out to any female forced to use it. Only a hand full of fish were caught and all by the same 3 anglers port side/rear. The Mate and Capt spent most of the time retying hooks and sinkers on the rotten line in no particular fashion, no two rigs were the same.

pub crawl!!!!! you can order ANYTHING at the bars -- no limit/premade drinks (1 drink each bar)!! it is such a good deal for the money. they split you into groups too so its not super crowded. it was one of the best excursions i've been on

edit: if you're leaving soon and there are still spots, i'd book before going asap. ours sold out a month before we sailed

The pub crawl excursion sounds great. I've done the Key West Pub Crawl on my own and got seperated from my friends for a day .... They can mix a mighty strong drink down there.

Having someone to heard you back on board is probably not a bad idea.

Key west was fun-- small enough that you can do the bars walking by yourself, but the pub crawl sounds like fun.

We did deep sea fishing in Hawaii and while the boat was nice and the captain great, it was a giant waste of time and in reality we missed that part of the island because we were looking at it from the boat.

Still, we are boat people so it was o.k. No one caught anything (that is why they call it fishing and not catching!) and I'm not sure I'd book another fishing excursion... Unless it was a fishing trip for that reason, not a day excursion while in port on a cruise.

Archived