Carnival Magic-Aft Balcony Question

bpgolferguy

Hi! We are planning on taking a cruise (me, wife, 1 1/2 year old son) along with wife's parents. We are going out of Galveston sometime between Aug-Sept, and I think we're going to do the 7 day Western (Montego Bay, Cayman, Cozumel).

I have a couple questions about rooms. Last time wife and I went we stayed in normal balcony room on Conquest. It was good, but this time with the toddler, I was thinking about an aft balcony room (I heard they're more spacious). Here's my dilemma....when I go on carnival.com and set up my cruise, I enter three travelers (me, wife, son) and then choose aft balcony, but it only gives me Vista deck and two room options...9476 or 9479. I have searched 4 different dates between Aug and Sept and it gives me only that option for an aft balcony. I did however, change the number of traveler's to two passengers and it opened up several more options. It's obviously when I tell it we have three passengers is when it returns only 9476 and 9479.

I would like, if possible, to get adjoining aft balcony rooms (not necessarily on Vista cuz I heard it can be noisy from above).....but it doesn't seem like that's possibly when I tell it we have 3 passengers in our room. He is only 1 1/2 years old so he will sleep in our portable crib, so is this maybe something I should call Carnival to book and tell them he's just a little guy and maybe they'll let me book one of the other aft balcony rooms on a different floor?

Sorry....huge post....but this is only my second cruise. Thought I'd go to the experts :) Thanks!

Archived