Italy only cruise?

lucywestie

About 3 years ago a friend of ours did an Azamara cruise called "A Taste of Italy". It was 16 nights I believe and extremely "Italy" intensive with every port bar one being around the country.

I have searched the Azamara website but it doesn't seem that they offer this cruise anymore. Does anybody know if they still offer it but under a different name and Im just not searching their website correctly?

Our friend raved about the cruise as they stopped in smaller ports and sometimes the ship stayed overnight to give passengers a better chance to explore the area.

Many thanks

Pete

About 3 years ago a friend of ours did an Azamara cruise called "A Taste of Italy". It was 16 nights I believe and extremely "Italy" intensive with every port bar one being around the country.

I have searched the Azamara website but it doesn't seem that they offer this cruise anymore. Does anybody know if they still offer it but under a different name and Im just not searching their website correctly?

Our friend raved about the cruise as they stopped in smaller ports and sometimes the ship stayed overnight to give passengers a better chance to explore the area.

Many thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just checked all of Azamara's 2012 & 2013 itineraries. I'm not seeing a 100% Italy sailing. There are a couple of sailings that are Italy intensive. Journey's 11 night sailing on 9/12/12, or Quest's 10 night sailing on 10/23/13, look fantastic !

When searching Azamara's website, try inserting Rome or Venice as departure ports. I hope this helps !

We recently booked Sept 7, 2013 round trip Rome to the Amalfi Coast (7 nights) and are also considering adding a back-to-back with the Sept 14, 2013 Rome to Venice (7 nights). This makes a pretty cool 14-night Italy intensive "around the boot" sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete

We were on the cruise you are talking about. It was on the Quest back in 2010 and it was 14 nights. Wonderful cruise with only 500 people on board. I wish they would offer that cruise again. Captain Carl brought the ship to a crawl beside Stromboli so we could see it erupt. If you need us to send a plea to Azamara just let us know. Hope to see you on the cruise in the future.

Archived