Things near Hilton FLL Airport Hotel?

Square

I've tried a few searches and haven't come up with much. I've already booked one night pre-cruise stay at the Hilton FLL Airport. The reviews don't sound very good since it is going to be purchased via eminent domain and leveled to create a longer landing strip. I can't really help that at this point but if anybody knows the area I'd appreciate a little help. Our flight lands around 6pm so we'd like to find a local store for supplies (publix and total wine are a few miles away, but I don't know if there is a local liquor store around that area) and maybe grab some dinner.

The hotel's address is

1870 Griffin Road Fort Lauderdale FL, 33004

Not sure if the hotel's shuttle will drive you to local places or not but let me know if anybody has stayed there and they've done that. This is my first time to Fort Lauderdale so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

We stayed there on 2/14 prior to our cruise, and on previous cruises. There is nothing within walking distance. The hotel is very nice and the nearest other hotel is the Sheraton and that is on the other side of the highway. We rented a car and the Hilton charges for parking ($15).

We have stayed there pre-cruise. There aren't any stores within walking distance; we took free shuttle (don't know if it's still free), got out near Walgreen's (not far from cruise pier) for supplies. Then took a short cab ride to pier.

Pam in KY

Archived