Customs question....

dolfin6857

I was looking through the CBP pamphlet and it suggested registering items (like laptops, music players etc) before leaving.

Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects Taken Abroad (CBP Form 4457)

I have found the form, but where do I go to do this? Is it something we can do at the Tampa airport? or at the cruise terminal?

Thanks in advance

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/clearing/certificate_of_registration.xml

basically, you bring the desired items to the nearest CBP office with the form completed...an officer there will check the items vs the form and sign the form.

not normally used by the casual traveller

thanks. (I just know that my luck, my buddy "Murphy" will hitch a ride and if I don't do the form 4457 we'll be trying to convince the CBP agent when we get back that we took them with us, lol)

I found the number for customs, and talked to a very nice/helpful gentleman there. He said everything can be put on one form, and the form can be used as many times as you want. He also gave me the number for the Tampa office so I can call them and find out exactly where to go at the airport (or cruise terminal) to have an agent sign off on the form.

We're flying in a day early and just catching a cab to our hotel, so I figured we could just get our luggage and then have that done before heading off to the hotel

Archived