Car STOLEN in Grand Cayman - Please read!

snedecor

I just found something that speaks to the safety/security of Grand Cayman.

I was unwrapping my wooden dolphin desk thingy, which was wrapped in the local newspaper, after my cruise on the Grand Princess last week. In the local paper was a column labeled:

POLICE REPORT

Car Stolen.

Reading the report, someone left their keys in Toyota Corolla, went into the store, and found their car missing when the came out of the store. Sitting right beside the spot where his beloved Corolla used to be there was, you guessed it, a Toyota Corolla of the same color, sitting with the keys in the ignition.

The police found the wayward owner (after all, it is an island) and the cars were returned to their rightful owners!

That was the only entry in the police report.

Snedecor

This was only one police report in one paper, but it this little mix-up is enough to make the police report, then I feel pretty good about perhaps taking a vacation to the Cayman Islands!

If only I could learn to drive on the left.......

Snedecor

I live in Grand Cayman. A few weeks after the hurricane I heard a radio announcement that an unidentified elderly gentleman had left an envelope containing a large quantity of cash, on the counter at a local hardware store. The announcement was asking him to please collect it! Not that Cayman is crime free, but it is things like that that remind me why I live here.

• 4 weeks later...
I would think this could happen anywhere, and much worse things have happened in the states/canada, etc so why let a stolen car worry you? Especially when they leave the keys in it!!!

I think it was tongue in cheek.:D

Archived