Carnival Miracle Serenity Deck

usajfs

For those that have recently sailed on the Miracle....I have seen pictures of a renovation that was done to the bar area of the Adult only area of the lido deck and was wondering if they renovated the entire area to become more of a Serenity Deck like other ships. We are sailing on the 12th of April and the Adult only area was our favorite afternoon spot.

Irishlinny...I am so sorry to hear that. We really enjoyed the atmosphere last year and always was able to find a chair. Plus I am not a smoker. :confused:

That was always my favorite spot on Spirit class ships, and also the reason I loved those ships. However, since there are so few seats compared to the original set up, it is very hard to get a seat...chair hogs come out in full force:rolleyes:

If you're not a smoker, you will be happy, as there is no smoking back there...so one plus for you! I am one of the lepers who is no longer welcome back there:(

We sailed on her on the first cruise after dry dock, the Serenity area is definitely very nice! We didn't notice any smokers at all (don't know if it is non-smoking or not). The makeover definitely made for a great quiet spot.

It is a non smoking area...go figure...you can smoke by the pool with all of the kids but not near the other adults?:confused:

Anyway, the question I had was my DD mentioned that the ice cream bar was back at that bar...did they move it so the kids can still use it?

That was always my favorite spot on Spirit class ships, and also the reason I loved those ships. However, since there are so few seats compared to the original set up, it is very hard to get a seat...chair hogs come out in full force:rolleyes:

If you're not a smoker, you will be happy, as there is no smoking back there...so one plus for you! I am one of the lepers who is no longer welcome back there:(

I know how you feel. :(

I just returned from the Miracle 1/29/12 sailing and I was very disappointed by the Serenity area also. Back before Serenity was added to the Spirit class ships, the aft Lido pool area was our favorite place to hang out. Plenty of seating, adults only pool and hot tub and the smokers were able to coexist with the non-smokers (not the anti-smokers but that's another story :rolleyes: ) and even though it wasn't technically an adults only area, since the kids couldn't use the pool/hot tub they did not spend much time back there. They could however meet up with their parents periodically and participate in our aft Lido sail away "party". Now, there is much less seating, no smoking allowed and kids can't just stop by to check in with their parents. Also, I remember the aft Lido bar being a pretty popular spot on previous cruises. Now I would say it had to be the quietest bar on the ship.

PS... Yes, I am one of those "lepers" too. :p

• 3 years later...

We have been on the Splendor twice to Mexican Rivera and liked the Serenity area. There where often many empty lounge chairs. This is due to the fact that going up and down the coast to Mexico is so windy and the Serenity is so uncomfortable on that ship.

Is the Serenity on the Miracle more protected from the Wind? Thanks.

We have been on the Splendor twice to Mexican Rivera and liked the Serenity area. There where often many empty lounge chairs. This is due to the fact that going up and down the coast to Mexico is so windy and the Serenity is so uncomfortable on that ship.

Is the Serenity on the Miracle more protected from the Wind? Thanks.

You revived a very old post (2012).

I am just off of Miracle. Yes, Serenity is protected from the wind. I was out there for a bit every day. You will not get one of the 4 hammocks, but there are plenty of loungers. I was out there the last sea day which was chilly and very windy everywhere else on deck, but Serenity was just fine since it is at the aft of the ship. I actually fell asleep out there because I was so comfy.

You revived a very old post (2012).

I am just off of Miracle. Yes, Serenity is protected from the wind. I was out there for a bit every day. You will not get one of the 4 hammocks, but there are plenty of loungers. I was out there the last sea day which was chilly and very windy everywhere else on deck, but Serenity was just fine since it is at the aft of the ship. I actually fell asleep out there because I was so comfy.

Thank you so much. Hope you have a great cruise coming up.