New policy for NOLA parking garage

dsa236

I got off the Elation last Thursday, 2/16, and when I told the porter that we were parked on level 4B he informed me that they were no longer allowed in the parking deck. He wouldn't explain and had my wife follow him out to the curb while I got the car. He just left her and the luggage sitting there, minus a tip, and told her that someone else would have to load the luggage. When I arrived I was directed and misdirected by rude traffic officers and When I finally got parked there were 3 guys trying to load luggage for about 100 departing passengers. What a nightmare.

I know when we disembarked in December 2011 from the Conquest the luggage was taken directly yo our car and things went much smoother.

Does anyone know why this change was made and who can be contacted to see about changing it back?

I was wondering about the port parking. On the way in, you park and take the elevator to where you go through security and wait. When you leave the boat, you go through customs and were do you go next? Do you go out of the building and enter to the parking there or is there a place after customs that takes you back to the parking garage? Thanks in advance!

Sgt. Schultz - Not just him. Everyone was taken to the curb with their luggage and were complaining. None of the porters were going into the garage and he certainly didn't wait on a tip.

wild hogs - previously you went thru baggage, got a porter, went thru customs, about a 5 second stop with passports, and to your car. Last week they took our luggage to the curb and left it there. It was a mess.

We will be carrying everything off ourselves. We do not need a porter. Can my family go to the parking garage or are you saying that they are making someone go get the car while you wait? If that is the case, I will spend less and park at Fulton. I want to be able to get off and go straight to our car in the parking garage. How would we do that after we go through customs. Last year we parked at fulton, went outside and waited a few minutes and then boarded shuttle.

Archived