Blue Mountain Coffee

usa0367

We got it at Soni Plaza in Ocho Rios and paid $17 or $18 a pound. After all the "bargining" I don't really know what we paid for anything, nut I bought the coffee separately and think I've got the price right.

As far as I know, you can only get affordable pricing for Blue Mountain Coffee in Jamaica. Even there you have to be careful what you are buying. Some places sell the High Mountain Blend, which is not as good. It's been awhile since I've been there, but as I recall the true Blue Mountain coffee has a government seal on it. Did you know you can buy it in the states? Last time I looked it was $50 a pound at Gloria Jean's. No coffee is that good.

• 2 weeks later...

last year I bought a small bag of coffee from a tourist shop in GC (it was the one with the courtyard and parrot) well it was labeled Island coffee or something and I bought mexican and the blue mountain in jamaica... the coffee from GC was the absolute best we have ever tasted! far better than the blue mountain!! I have no idea where it really came from since I doubt they grow coffee in the caymans any ideas??

Just got back from my Western Caribbean cruise and . . . while in Jamacia at the little shopping area near the Port (where Margaritaville is), I bought seven little bags of Blue Mountain coffee (2 ounces each) for $2.00 each. I don't drink coffee so haven't a clue whether it's good or bad but sure hope my co-workers like it. ;)

Archived