Spa Balcony: Panorama or Spa Deck???

ldb2

We are seriously considering upgrading from a Cove Balcony to a Spa Balcony on our upcoming cruise - I have been doing quite a bit of searching for feedback on the pros and cons of rooms on each of these decks but really haven't found enough info to make an informed decision.

For anyone who has cruised in a Spa balcony on either the Dream or the Magic on the Spa deck - did you find that you lacked privacy from above, as some cruisers have mentioned that people on deck 14 could look right down onto your balcony and were very close? Or was inclement weather an issue, since you don't have any protection from above? How about the Spa balconies on the Panorama deck - any drawbacks that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide! I am a very indecisive person.

Laurie

We were in a spa balcony room on the Panorama deck on the Dream (June 2011). We wanted to have a partial overhang for privacy and for the shade. We loved it. We were under the gym, but we never noticed any noise when we were trying to sleep. Absolutely loved the location - so convenient to the pool, slides, and food. There is a separate staircase for the spa located at the very end of the hall. We always used it to enter the spa located 1 deck up. I never took a shower in the room - always used the nice big shower in spa area. Now that we have stayed in a spa room, I'm not sure we can ever go back. The location is perfect for our family.

We are sailing on the Magic in June 2012. We will be on the Spa deck for our spa balcony room this time (only thing available when we booked). It's my understanding that there are a few changes in the Magic and we are hoping that the balcony area works well for us.

My husband really wants to try the Cove balcony sometime, but my son loves being close to the slides and pool and I love the convenience of using the showers in spa to get ready in the evenings.

Thanks for the input Unionville3! Did you get to use the complimentary spa facilities much on your cruise? How did you find the thalasotherapy (sp) pool - was it fairly hot or more warm like the other "hot" tubs on board? We are doing a b2b so will have the cove for the first leg. If we do change to the spa balcony we will be able to do a good comparison of the 2!

Laurie

We are seriously considering upgrading from a Cove Balcony to a Spa Balcony on our upcoming cruise - I have been doing quite a bit of searching for feedback on the pros and cons of rooms on each of these decks but really haven't found enough info to make an informed decision.

For anyone who has cruised in a Spa balcony on either the Dream or the Magic on the Spa deck - did you find that you lacked privacy from above, as some cruisers have mentioned that people on deck 14 could look right down onto your balcony and were very close? Or was inclement weather an issue, since you don't have any protection from above? How about the Spa balconies on the Panorama deck - any drawbacks that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide! I am a very indecisive person.

Laurie

Laurie,

I was on the Panorama Deck on the 1-21-28 sailing of the Dream and I am blogging a complete ship's study (and trip report) on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1550338

DOCUMENTING THE DREAM WESTERN CARIBBEAN 01/21-28/2012; THE MONEY MONKEY GOES CRUISING

My photos may help with your decision-making. I was in an interior cabin, however.

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate your help and I'm working my way through your trip blog Ray. I'm really enjoying it and the photos are helpful!! I think that based on what you have all told me here, we will definitely make the more and most likely go with the Panorama deck!

Laurie

(Any other input is still welcome though - our PVP only works Mon-Fri so will have to wait until Monday to make the move).

Archived