Photos on Ship

greasemonky

I went on a Carnival cruise a few years back and I remember all of the professional pictures the photographers took on board went down to like 50 percent off on the last night... obviously to get rid of them. Do they typically do this on Norwegian too?

Also they send you e-mails from the Gem talking about photo packages and tell you to visit once on board to inquire... but does anyone have any info about the packages/prices? I obviously know they are probably expensive, but just curious?

Edited by greasemonky

Anyone else? Any ideas on prices of photo packages?

We were on the epic last week. The big end of the week "deal" was buy the dvd with all of your pictures from the week for $250 and you could have all the pictures in your folder for $100 extra. So $350 for all your prints and all your jpegs.

Don't know about any other deals being made. I know my friends bought 5 pictures and got a frame and a picture of the epic thrown in the deal.

We had about 170 pictures taken so we bought the entire ball of wax and are very happy with the results for roughly $2 a picture.

We were on the epic last week. The big end of the week "deal" was buy the dvd with all of your pictures from the week for $250 and you could have all the pictures in your folder for $100 extra. So $350 for all your prints and all your jpegs.

Don't know about any other deals being made. I know my friends bought 5 pictures and got a frame and a picture of the epic thrown in the deal.

We had about 170 pictures taken so we bought the entire ball of wax and are very happy with the results for roughly $2 a picture.

I believe the Epic is the only ship that has the digital option currently. While on the Star in November I don't recall this as an option.

Just got off the NCL GEM this past Sunday, the photo takers were the best people i ever came accross on all my cruises, they held all my pictures in a folder for the week and on Saturday i went down and they gave me one price for all that i had, it was a great deal. :)

Just got off the NCL GEM this past Sunday, the photo takers were the best people i ever came accross on all my cruises, they held all my pictures in a folder for the week and on Saturday i went down and they gave me one price for all that i had, it was a great deal. :)

Could you elaborate on your deal please?

Also... did they finish the conversion from Tequila to Moderno??

Edited by cliffd64

I believe the Epic is the only ship that has the digital option currently. While on the Star in November I don't recall this as an option.

We were on the Spirit last May and were able to get digital copies of images that we had also purchased prints for and at a reasonable rate. Problem was they would not use my flash drive (understandably) but told me I needed to buy to their very small flash drive for $20, the size that is usually given away these days. After I laughed at the price he offered to put them on a cd/dvd at a more reasonable cost.

The pictures we had taken at a studio set up in the atrium are some of the best portraits we have had made.

:) Being a silver latitude member i also got 15% off the price of the photos along with the deal, as i said they held my pictures in a folder all week and i paid on Saturday, there were about 10 of the 6x8 pictures the 8x10 of us getting on the ship in the leather folder which was an extra charge and no 15% off the latitude, along with 2 8x10 pictures of the ship all for a total of $103.00.

They held all the pictures, even the doubles and triples they took of the same pose and i just picked out the ones i liked when i was ready.;)

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question about NCL photos.

I was on a NCL cruise earlier this month and I did not purchase a picture I really wanted. I know they dont have the physical picture, but would they have it saved electronically?