Conquest Class Aft Wraps

sippican

I am wondering about the differences between the wraps on Verandah vs Empress (cabins 8448 & 8455, 7440 & 7445). The balconies on 8 appear a bit larger - wrapping a bit to true aft, yet the cabins look smaller. Deck 7 is sandwiched between cabin decks, so I presume quieter. Do they all have a table and chairs instead of a sofa? Any input regarding these cabins is greatly appreciated. Photos even better :D

The aft wraps on deck 7 are our very favorite of all the aft wraps on Conquest class. We have had one on deck 8 before, but we were bothered by noises of chairs scraping at night, when the crew would move the chairs and tables on Lido to mop. The balcony on deck 7 is huge and also goes down the side a little way. There are no noise issues on that deck either. We love it!! :)

We had 8455 on Glory. The balcony is larger than the deck 7 balconies, but I can't speak to the cabin. 8455 has a queen-size bed - I think I read that the deck 7 aft wraps have twins that form a king-size, if that's important. We loved having balcony on the aft, the angle and the side. No noise from the Lido deck for us.

Next cruise: Vista suite on Pride!:D

Deck 8 has a little aft, corner and side. Deck 7 has NO full aft , only corner and side. We had 6483 which has the most full aft area, corner and smaller side balcony. That corner in particular on deck 6 has NO NOISE issues. It's over dead space and not the comedy club. It all depends what's important to you. For us, we wanted the most full on aft area and deck six delivered that.

Deck 8 has a little aft, corner and side. Deck 7 has NO full aft , only corner and side. We had 6483 which has the most full aft area, corner and smaller side balcony. That corner in particular on deck 6 has NO NOISE issues. It's over dead space and not the comedy club. It all depends what's important to you. For us, we wanted the most full on aft area and deck six delivered that.

Noise was one of my concerns about deck 6. Thought I had read that some passengers in the aft cabins on deck 6 had been bothered by the noise from below. According to the deck plans, it does appear that 6483 has more "dead space" below. We love true aft, but were attracted by the space on the side too, hopeful it will offer a few cooler breezes in the Caribbean.

Sounds like we can't go wrong with any of these choices!:D

Noise was one of my concerns about deck 6. Thought I had read that some passengers in the aft cabins on deck 6 had been bothered by the noise from below. According to the deck plans, it does appear that 6483 has more "dead space" below. We love true aft, but were attracted by the space on the side too, hopeful it will offer a few cooler breezes in the Caribbean.

Sounds like we can't go wrong with any of these choices!:D

I did major research before I booked it and I can confirm that on the Glory last year NOTHING, nada, no noise whatsoever. I do know that two cabins over from us along the aft, the people confirmed to me that they heard the club beneath them but in ours, nothing. I believe the balconies on deck six are the deepest. If you compare pictures between deck 8 and deck 6, you'll see what I mean. Deck 8 has the longest with extra along the side though. Which is good if you are looking for shade or cover from rain. We very little side but a decent amount of aft and that's what we really wanted. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the aft wraps....they are all fab! I do think the other aft on deck six gets noise though. Not 100% but is sure looks like it from the deck plan

This photo (which has been posted many times) gives an excellent perspective of the realtive size and shape of these balconies.

2366584680086603082S600x600Q85.jpg

Great photo. I must have missed it in my search. It does really show the differences from deck to deck - even the window/door configurations change and that balcony on deck 8 is huge!

We're booked in 7440 and were thinking of moving up, but due to possible additional noise from the Lido I think we'll stay put. (Thanks Grits53)

I think we'd be happy in any of them.

Great photo. I must have missed it in my search. It does really show the differences from deck to deck - even the window/door configurations change and that balcony on deck 8 is huge!

We're booked in 7440 and were thinking of moving up, but due to possible additional noise from the Lido I think we'll stay put. (Thanks Grits53)

I think we'd be happy in any of them.

The photo is from Tom (Tom n Cheryl) when they were on Miracle in Cozumel. We were on Conquest, docked next to them. The first time I saw the photo I did a double take when I looked at the time stamp!

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of these cabins.:cool:

Found this information on another site - may be helpful to some interested in these cabins.

I can't begin to express how much we enjoyed our balcony. No matter what port were in, we had a great view. The balconies of 7440 and 7445 extend about ten feet further up the side of the ship than does 6452's balcony; 6452's balcony extends about ten feet further toward the ship's midline. Although 6452 had a deeper balcony, it had tendency to be hotter because you could not position yourself (or the lounge chair) to catch the breeze running along side the ship as it was moving. One other note about 6452; it sits directly above the Degas Lounge, and my friends did say that the beat of the music below could be felt and heard (albeit faintly) in their cabin. This was not a problem for them, but if you require absolute silence to sleep, factor that in. Both 7445 and 7440 were sandwiched between passenger cabin decks, so we heard no noises. With respect to privacy, 6452's balcony was a little more private from above, but not by much (the person above would have to be eight feet tall and leaning out all the way to see more than foot of the balcony below). Obviously, if you have nosey neighbors on either side they could peer around the balcony partition.

We booked 8455 on the Valor a couple of years ago. The balcony is stunning! Big enough for a bunch of your favorite cruise mates. The largest part of the balcony is open with a portion covered. Comes in handy if there is a passing shower or if you need some shade. We had two loungers, two chairs and two tables. Absolutely no issues with soot, smoke, debris or noise from the Lido above. The views are awesome and the aft part of the ship is quiet with little foot traffic.

This cabin is oddly shaped, almost like a triangle. No couch but two large windows overlooking the balcony with a table and chairs in front. Still very nice.

We love the Conquest Class and the Valor in particular and would book this cabin again and again. You really have to book early as the wraps go quick. Price has become a bit of an issue as well almost priced at the suite level.

Archived