Victory debarkation in San Juan

TeacherMama2

We are going to rent a car after we debark from the Victory in San Juan. We want to get started as early in the day as possible, but I'm not sure how long debarkation will take, so I'm not sure what time I should reserve our car for.

Does anyone have insight into this? I've heard that sometimes you can get off the ship more quickly if you carry your bags yourself. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, what time were you able to be off the ship?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, self-assist debarkation is the first thing that they call, starting around 7 or 7:30 usually. I don't know how long this took, but if you need to be off the ship by 8, you should have no problem--but I would still find out for sure at about what time self-assist starts and be ready prior to that time, waiting near that area.

I'm assuming that you don't have a flight out that morning/early afternoon. We were on a lower deck, and our flight was the next day, so we debarked by zone number...it was 10 a.m. and they were only through a little over half the zones when they said anyone else in the lounge could go. Judging by the suitcases in the warehouse, we actually got down there before a lot of other "uncalled" zone numbers, but it still took awhile to get down, find our luggage, and then get in line to go through customs. We were through by 11 or 11:15 or something, and then got to our hotel about 11:30.

Who are you getting your rental car from? We used a local company (Charlie Car Rental) because it was cheaper, but most importantly, because they have a shuttle that will pick you up right at the pier whenever you're ready.

We made the reservation for 11am, but we called them as soon as we got off the ship (around 9am). They picked us up within 5-10 minutes and they allowed us to get our car early... :)

Archived