May Amtrak Cascades

Is it for the month of May or just a couple of days - I ask because someone has posted on the West Coast boards that it is for one day only.

Cheers

Dennis

The Amtrak folks were less than helpful and the agent had no idea about the equipment change. I played around on the website, picking several random dates and it appears that the business class is "sold out" from March 16 through May 24. So it seems that the superliner will take over for that period of time.

Do you or anyone know how early we should get to the station so that we can be certain to get two seats together on the right hand side of the top level?

Another question is about food service--again the agent had not a clue. Does anyone know if there will is a snack bar on the superliner like there is on the Cascades?

I am in the process of booking my Amtrak ride for my cruise next year - yes I book that far in advance - once that is done I will need to go to the station to pick up the tickets - I will ask a few questions and see if I can get some answers.

As I often eat in the area I will try and take a few minutes and see what is going on.

Left Coast - did you look at the main Amtrak web site or the Amtrak cascades site.

Cheers

Dennis

I am in the process of booking my Amtrak ride for my cruise next year - yes I book that far in advance - once that is done I will need to go to the station to pick up the tickets - I will ask a few questions and see if I can get some answers.

As I often eat in the area I will try and take a few minutes and see what is going on.

Left Coast - did you look at the main Amtrak web site or the Amtrak cascades site.

Cheers

Dennis

Both..they are usually pretty good with the "News" but they tend to hide stuff too.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, hope you can get us some info!

Yes if Grouse is a nice day it would be worth while taking a trip up - I assume you will want to take the gondola up - well the good news is I have the Grouse annual pass so I get a good discount on tickets for visitors.

Your Canada/New england cruise looks good - if I wasn't taking the big 49 dayer to SA I would probably join you on that one.

Cheers

Dennis

Yes if Grouse is a nice day it would be worth while taking a trip up - I assume you will want to take the gondola up - well the good news is I have the Grouse annual pass so I get a good discount on tickets for visitors.

Your Canada/New england cruise looks good - if I wasn't taking the big 49 dayer to SA I would probably join you on that one.

Cheers

Dennis

Great, but did you find out anything about the train? :D

Archived