Norwegian GEM Kids Crew

vanilaise

Yea strange the itinerary doesnt look much different, except now it has Nickelodeon themed things

I guess I didn't quite catch the fine print and as Epic has Nickelodeon that is probably why the itinerary looked so similiar to me. As I more closely looked, there are more activities and they actually typed a line that said welcome to the new kids program

Unfortunately still no info for those with kids under 2, unless they are just still going to do the under 2 zoo which is parent supervised play

It's Sunday again.... :) anyone getting off today have info on the NEW kids club? Lots of pepole looking for info... we are specifically hoping to see some info about the under two crowd. Did the under two group have supervised drop of play or any kind of babysitting available?

Thanks!

I will report back too. Sailing 3/11/12. Have a 4 and 6 yo. Will check into the under 2, and 2-3. Our kids are also seasoned cruisers and they love the kids programs. We have never been able to leave them under age 3. But will investigate.

I will report back too. Sailing 3/11/12. Have a 4 and 6 yo. Will check into the under 2, and 2-3. Our kids are also seasoned cruisers and they love the kids programs. We have never been able to leave them under age 3. But will investigate.

Thanks for checking on the info for all of us cruise critic's! We booked knowing we probably won't be able to leave our almost 2 year old- but it would be cool if we had the option to. She's our first, and while we are seasoned cruisers I bet it's gonna be a whole new ballgame with a kido :)

I just returned from the GEM (2/26 - 3/4) - and it was still a 2-5 yr program - nothing for under 2 (except for the parent supervised under 2 zoo) --- I traveled with a 2, 6 & 8 year old. Not sure about fee for in port as they didn't go then. In fact the 6 & 8 only went once for a couple hours on a sea day, and my 2 yr old went 2X both for a couple hours on sea days. They did a really nice Circus show with the kids on Saturday - my 2 yr old was a tiger (they did a great job face painting).

Thank you for the update, i fianlly got ahold of someone at NCL that seemed to know what they were talking about. The toddler room Under 2 ZOO has been expanded with more activities, but still has to have parental supervision, theres no parent drop off for under 2

I just returned from the GEM (2/26 - 3/4) - and it was still a 2-5 yr program - nothing for under 2 (except for the parent supervised under 2 zoo) --- I traveled with a 2, 6 & 8 year old. Not sure about fee for in port as they didn't go then. In fact the 6 & 8 only went once for a couple hours on a sea day, and my 2 yr old went 2X both for a couple hours on sea days. They did a really nice Circus show with the kids on Saturday - my 2 yr old was a tiger (they did a great job face painting).

CTFAMILY OF 5 anyway you could put up the dailies for the kids crew?

Thank you for the update, i fianlly got ahold of someone at NCL that seemed to know what they were talking about. The toddler room Under 2 ZOO has been expanded with more activities, but still has to have parental supervision, theres no parent drop off for under 2

My grandson will have just turned 2, three weeks before our cruise. Will his parents be able to go to the Under 2 Zoo with him for some play time?

Nervously waiting to see what there's going to be for the 2 yr old really hope it's similar to what there used to be as the only fault I could find with RCI is the price you pay for a 2 yr old and what the 2 yr olds get, this is the reason we have booked the epic transatlantic in oct.

Thanks for sharing.

I am disappointed to hear this. We were hoping for some drop-off opportunities for our under-2 for our November sailing. Hearing they were expanding activities, I was looking forward to maybe having dinner on our own a few nights while she was in the nursery. Oh well, I guess this just means we will save money on potential nursery fees, specialty restuarants, and the bar tab:).

I'd still like to hear about the Under-2 programming as people are learning more/experiencing what's available. I'm hoping it's decent and people like it.

the way the notification from NCL came out it really made it sound like there were drop off opportunities

I'm not giving up hope quite yet, my personal cruise consultant at NCL says that "we are trying to get the under 2's suppervised- if we do it will be a first in the industry and we are really excited. We will just have to wait and see"

I'm not giving up hope quite yet, my personal cruise consultant at NCL says that "we are trying to get the under 2's suppervised- if we do it will be a first in the industry and we are really excited. We will just have to wait and see"

It won't be a "first in the industry" RCI, Disney and even Carnival watch Under 2's for a charge. So NCL is a little late to the party ;) But I am so excited to see them working on the kids program! My kids thought it was awesome before, we can't wait to see what it's like when we sail NCL again!

It won't be a "first in the industry" RCI, Disney and even Carnival watch Under 2's for a charge. So NCL is a little late to the party ;) But I am so excited to see them working on the kids program! My kids thought it was awesome before, we can't wait to see what it's like when we sail NCL again!

Yeah- I don't know why he said that-- unless it's a first because it's going to be FREE? lol We can dream.

Archived