Carnival Victory--best shore excursions for ports of call

Shininghalo1

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but...

Cruising on Carnival Victory mid-April, and we're looking at shore excursions. We're on a super-budget and would like to get away from booking through the cruise line to save a few dollars. We're stopping in St Thomas, St Lucia, St Kitts, Barbados, and St Maarten.

My questions:

--Which port has the "must-see" beach of the 5?

--At which port would an island tour be the best option?

--My friend has her heart set on snorkelling with sea turtles. Which port?

Also, as far as the sea turtles go, does anyone have a recommendation for a good company to go through? Something cheap (like...$60 per person or under?)

For sea turtles, the best island is Barbados.

We took a $20pp tour of St Kitts which was awesome. Look up Island Safari Tours.

For best beaches I would say St Thomas or St. Maarten.

There have been a lot of recent questions regarding this itinerary, keep looking through posts and you will find great info. Also, my review is linked in my signature.

I am in the process of writing a review of our Victory cruise from last month...although it is taking me awhile to get it finished. :rolleyes:

I am including many, many photos of what we did at each port...perhaps you can get some ideas.

The review can be found by clicking on this link.

You will have a wonderful time. The islands were all incredible...St. Lucia and St. Kitts were my favorites.

I did the Victory in Sept. It was one of the best cruises that we have taken I don't know if it was because of all the nice people on our roll call or the islands or both. Get to know your roll call and book some tours together makes for lots of fun.

St Thomas use Sunny Liston tours shows you the island, shopping and beach time

St Lucia Went with Cosol tours it was one of the best tours I have ever taken Tours the island, breakfast, the pitons, beach time,the volcano, snack for lunch and a blue van that follows you with cold drinks Great tour

St Kitts was with Thefordgrey Shows the island the fort the beach gardens. where the Atlantic and Caribean seas meet.

St Marrteen Go with Bernards tours I have been to this island 3 times and always go with him you see the island, the beaches, the airplanes and he has drinks and rum punch for all

Hope you have a great trip

I did the Victory in Sept. It was one of the best cruises that we have taken I don't know if it was because of all the nice people on our roll call or the islands or both. Get to know your roll call and book some tours together makes for lots of fun.

St Thomas use Sunny Liston tours shows you the island, shopping and beach time

St Lucia Went with Cosol tours it was one of the best tours I have ever taken Tours the island, breakfast, the pitons, beach time,the volcano, snack for lunch and a blue van that follows you with cold drinks Great tour

St Kitts was with Thefordgrey Shows the island the fort the beach gardens. where the Atlantic and Caribean seas meet.

St Marrteen Go with Bernards tours I have been to this island 3 times and always go with him you see the island, the beaches, the airplanes and he has drinks and rum punch for all

Hope you have a great trip

who did you use in Barbados? and did Cosol take you to Jalousie Beach?

thanks for the report!

• 4 months later...

Does anyone on our sailing need 2 more people (seniors, but young) to round out a good private tour which would include the volcano and the botanical gardens etc on St. Lucia? (Half day preferred) We are not so interested in shopping. We love to see the highlights of the island and the ship's tours are so limited.

Thanks,

Barbara M:)

Does anyone on our sailing need 2 more people (seniors, but young) to round out a good private tour which would include the volcano and the botanical gardens etc on St. Lucia? (Half day preferred) We are not so interested in shopping. We love to see the highlights of the island and the ship's tours are so limited.

Thanks,

Barbara M:)

Have you been to your roll call page? It will have people all on your sailing and it will be easier to coordinate this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544429

If you want just a quiet day try palms court gardens. Beautiful infinity pool. pretty gardens, shell gift shop. They also have a snack bar and make a mean rum punch!

We were tired after 3 ports in a row and just wanted a quiet day, this was perfect! They also have a snack bar and make a mean rum punch:)

baf

Archived