Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

Ridiculous.

I'm not sure what OP was hoping to accomplish by giving the thread the title that he did and post it on the Carnival boards. I'm not sure what sort of reaction they were hoping for, but I expected as much.

Obviously, people on Carnival boards will not say, "Why, yes, we are low income folks and all we can afford is Carnival."

And obviously, based on the responses, it is not a "low income" cruise line. :rolleyes:

I've sailed other "fancier" lines, and truthfully, knock on wood, I have never been on a bad cruise.

My least favorite was Conquest, but one of my favorites was Splendor, so much so we booked again for this year.

I also am not a fan of the snooty pretentious crowd.

We really like Carnivals laid back style, we have done the fancy ones, but for what we pay on Carnival we get a balcony every time, great food and entertainment, lots of fun for our family, just an all around good cruise with something for all of us. We have a large family, and we like to go as a group, so lots of fun on board is big for us.

You will have a great time!

Really? I get disgusted everyday.

How sad for you.

And I am not talking about the elderly or the disable that cannot or cannot find work. I am talking about the people that choose to work part time because if they worked 40 hours they wouldn't qualify for food stamps or their rent would increase or they would have to pay for their electric. I am talking about those with the mentality that the more kids they have the more help they get. I am talking about those that drive $ 40,000 cars and pay $ 100 a month for them and their kids to live...

That's not what you said. In response to a post about "low income people" not being able to afford a cruise, you said:

Oh yes they do, because they get everything for free or at a discount so the money they do make they can spend on vacation while we have to spend ours on things like food and mortgages and insurance...

Which I find disgusting.

Ridiculous.

I'm not sure what OP was hoping to accomplish by giving the thread the title that he did and post it on the Carnival boards. I'm not sure what sort of reaction they were hoping for, but I expected as much.

Obviously, people on Carnival boards will not say, "Why, yes, we are low income folks and all we can afford is Carnival."

And obviously, based on the responses, it is not a "low income" cruise line. :rolleyes:

My accomplishment was to get valued facts from what others here have seen or learned from cruising Carnival. THAT is why I posted this on Carnivals board. What response do you think I would have gotten if I posted this on another cruise line board?? :rolleyes:

I am probably considered low income. I recently got a raise to $10/hr and I help support my mom. I booked a cruise last year because the price was good, I had never done it, needed a vacation and the OT abound.

Now I have another cruise booked, and cruising has become my fun time. Instead of working my normal hours, I pick up overtime. Instead of going out to theme parks, having dinner out, going to movies, going downtown etc, I pay off my cruise. So yes, I'm probably low income and sail carnival.

I even shop at Walmart from 11-4am sometimes because I'm an EMT and sometimes my shifts run late and its the only grocery store that's open when I get off.

However I don't consider myself low class. I'm nice, polite, I don't get plastered drunk (i actually don't even drink) I don't get loud and cause a scene and I don't wear dirty ratty clothes. I was actually worried my bermudas with a fringe at the hem looked "ratty" and didn't wear them.

Thing is? I noticed a lot of people like me on my cruise. They worked hard for it, they were having fun but no one was making a scene or getting fall on their butt drunk. I didn't even notice a drunk on my entire cruise(I'm sure they were there but none causes a ruckus). I'm sure they were there. I saw lots of people of every race, but never heard a racial slurr or saw tension. Never heard a "git-r-done" or met anyone wandering in a bathrobe.

Just a bunch of people having a good time. It was awesome.

I have a coworker who actually posts to CC who tried his hardest to convince me to switch to Royal Caribbean and told me I'd have a horrible time on Carnival, the food sucked, everyone would be staggering around drunk, service is terrible etc etc.

Turns out he had never sailed CCL. He was just repeating stuff he heard on the RC boards.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thanks, you stated so well my thoughts. Never seen a bathrobe in dining rooms or buffet, did see one last week on the Lido deck about midnight, a couple heading towards their room.

We are just people having fun, wanting a good time, for the 1 week of the year we get away. Let loose, something about ocean air does that.

What the heck you talking about, I dont know this guy he's out there talking about body hair and how he's better than me. People like that make me sick

Lol, well you better get some stick on glue to paste all that hair or take a bunch of hormones, because I will try to win some sort of competition.

if he were behind a french couple, would this have been so offensive to you?

none of it is offensive to me. and you haven't stated why it is offensive at all. is being spanish offensive or something to you?

I never said it was offensive to me. I am white, but I am not too ignorant to see why an irrelevant race descriptor would be offensive to someone.

And I did state WHY it was offensive. Several times.

It is not my job to educate you. I will not waste my time explaining to you why it's not okay to use a racial descriptor in an instance where it's not needed for identification purposes when it's clear you have no interest in understanding.

I never said it was offensive to me. I am white, but I am not too ignorant to see why an irrelevant race descriptor would be offensive to someone.

And I did state WHY it was offensive. Several times.

It is not my job to educate you. I will not waste my time explaining to you why it's not okay to use a racial descriptor in an instance where it's not needed for identification purposes when it's clear you have no interest in understanding.

thank you. maybe one day it will be a non issue for you.

Be yourself (or someone else if you want to - seems a lot of people are completely different on a cruise than at home), enjoy what you enjoy, have a great time. The ship is YOUR oyster, go look for the pearl!

I love this and you are so right. :) I haven't been to a pool in my area for years due partly to not being comfortable with my body shape and fear of running into people I know. When I go on a cruise I don't stress over such issues as the chance of me knowing someone isn't likely to happen. I get to be the sun worshiper that I so enjoy and love. I get to be myself, or am I really being someone else? :D

Sorry - got off original topic. :(

How sad for you.

That's not what you said. In response to a post about "low income people" not being able to afford a cruise, you said:

Which I find disgusting.

I agree, it read as yet another sweeping generalization of people who receive government aid.

I am not a Judge, but if I was I'm pretty sure I would win 11 out of 10 times.

You have no class coming on here talking how your spending 5k on a cruise and worried if I shop at Walmart. I better than you 12 out of 10 so beat that. So what if I go to Dollar General and buy shampoo, and underwear. YOU ARE Horrible TO SAY THAT.

But my moto is Everyboy Love Everybody so I cant stay mad at you long.

You have no class coming on here talking how your spending 5k on a cruise and worried if I shop at Walmart. I better than you 12 out of 10 so beat that. So what if I go to Dollar General and buy shampoo, and underwear. YOU ARE Horrible TO SAY THAT.

But my moto is Everyboy Love Everybody so I cant stay mad at you long.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.... Let me check with my 8 year old and get back to you.

How sad for you.

Which I find disgusting.

Oh, you don't need to be sad for me, I have everything I need and the pleasure of saying that I worked for it and you can find whatever you want disgusting...Maybe low income where you are from and where I am from mean 2 different things...And it is what I said the first time, I just elaborated on it more the second post...still meant the same thing. How you interpret something and how others do is different and shouldn't really matter to anyone else.

Like I said before and before that...another thread...now hopefully you are finished with this topic as I know that I am.

I agree, it read as yet another sweeping generalization of people who receive government aid.

Well, let me ungeneralize for you...they aren't all spanish colored.

And I wasn't generalizing...whether elderly or disabled or self inflicted needy, they all pay less or nothing for the same things we get or need...I just happen to understand why the elderly and disabled need it.

Archived