Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

What does Comedy Clubs have to do with poor people on Carnival Cruise's thats the real issue at hand.

So we need to find a way to class up Carnival Ships becasue next you know their ships will be like trailer houses that float.

If you read the original post, there is no mention of "poor people", but if you think that is the "real issue at hand" then ramble on....

We answered a question the OP asked, "what entertainment does Carnival offer that you enjoy?"

Should have booked Celebrity if you can afford it. Its cheap, but fun if you like the Walmart Crowd.

Really? That's not been my experience.

Crystal notwithstanding, Celebrity is my second choice of "motored" lines.

If the ship is to be my "destination" I don't choose CCL.

I'm getting quite the kick out of this thread! There's an old saying that "there's always a 'sucker' in a poker game. If you can't pick him out..."

YMMV

But there was no reason to bring it up and to bring it up reads as "Spanish people mistreat foodstamps" whether you realize it or meant to sound that way.

It brought nothing to the conversation except to single out a particular race.

btw, if "spanish" offends you, i'd love to hear your take on this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32645138&postcount=834

Soooo.... exactly why are you posting on the Carnival board?

Um, that would be the "Critic" part of "CruiseCritic".

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -George Bernard Shaw

OP, your original question would have even more different opinions if asked on the other cruise lines threads! It is ALL a matter of opinion and choices. Our 1st cruise was on Carnival and we found the experience so awesome that we booked another cruise immediately after returning. Our 2nd cruise was on RCCL, because we went with our motorcycle and the agency that arranges this works with RCCL. We again booked our 3rd cruise immediately, this time with Carnival again. Our next cruise, who knows, may be on yet a third line!

We would not hesitate to book with any cruise line that meets our needs at the time. Carnival is very basic. RCCL cruise ship was nicer and had many, many more amenities and we look forward to cruising them again. Carnival does NOT have the rock climbing wall, flow rider, ice skating rink, nicer suites, concierge club, etc... But, this time around that is not important to us. Having a Carnival Aft Wrap Suite cruising through Alaska is!

Take your cruise and form YOUR own opinions. Those who say that low income people do not cruise is pretty spot on. Even at the lowest category of stateroom on Carnival, one is still looking at a nice chunk of change when all is said and done. As far as being an inter racial couple, no one will care any more or less than what you experience on land! There are idiots, geniuses, happy, sad people from all walks of life on board. Enjoy your cruise!

What does Comedy Clubs have to do with poor people on Carnival Cruise's thats the real issue at hand.

So we need to find a way to class up Carnival Ships becasue next you know their ships will be like trailer houses that float.

ROFL!!!

I have a great idea!!!! Since you're in the 1 percent, you can charter a ship for anyone on CC that you deem classy enough to sail with, make sure they have all their teeth and make a commercial :) Maybe that would help with CCLs reputation;) If I promise to be classy would you take me? I'm a big fan of free cruises:D

One could say that CCL saves a heck of a lot of money on fuel being 'parked'...:p

Is it possible to make up that fuel cost in on board spending??? Maybe it is, I honestly don't know.

I don't know enough about fuel useage/cost- but it is possible CCL actually uses more fuel that the lines with sea day, even though they spend significant time "parked". They have to travel faster to get to ports on time, which increases fuel consumption. Cruises with more sea days travel very slowly (too much wind ruins on deck activities!) so they do not use a lot of fuel. For sure though, routes are planned VERY carefully.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -George Bernard Shaw

I don't think everyone understands the purpose of this web site.

ROFL!!!

I have a great idea!!!! Since you're in the 1 percent, you can charter a ship for anyone on CC that you deem klassy enough to sail with, make sure they have all their teeth and make a commercial :) Maybe that would help with CCLs reputation;) If I promise to be klassy would you take me? I'm a big fan of free cruises:D

I have corrected your misspellings. :)

I probably add to the "bad teeth" image and its not because I couldn't afford dental.

When I was a teenager I went through a major bout of depression. Part of that depression included not brushing my teeth because I didn't feel like I deserved nice teeth. This spanned years. Now that's all behind me and my teeth are a work in progress, they're clean and brushed but still look icky because of the damage done that takes a lot of work with a dentist to fix and its not able to be done all at once.

So when you see someone with bad teeth please don't automatically assume they're trash. You've got no idea the story behind it!

I dated someone once with missing teeth, and it was because he was a professional bull rider. He made a ton of money doing it, too!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I didn't assume anything...my post was a reply to another post that someone made about people on CCL having missing teeth. I was making a joke about that may be what they think of CCL but because they sail Celebrity they are missing teeth because everyone on that ship is old...

I could care less how many teeth people have or don't have.

For some the only purpose of this forum is to promote Carnival and nothing critical can ever be said about them,:p

btw, if "spanish" offends you, i'd love to hear your take on this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32645138&postcount=834

Let me try this again since you havent yet gotten it.

It was not the use of the word "spanish". It was the unneeded descriptor, of race, used in an attempt to sterotype a group of people. "Yeah! Those damn (WHATEVER RACE) people, always doing (insert unfavorable activity here)"

You clearly still do not get it.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

It was not the use of the word "spanish". It was the unneeded descriptor, of race, used in an attempt to sterotype a group of people. "Yeah! Those damn (WHATEVER RACE) people, always doing (insert unfavorable activity here)"

i don't have to. any descriptor of race, color, creed, hair color, eyes, etc, will always we worn proud of me. it's who i am. and it only describes me. i don't worry who else it describes.

and i learned real young there was only one race. human.

and what you posted above doesn't even closely resemble what was typed. again, i suspect this is what went off in your head.

Oh, H82seaUgo gets it alright. I don't think there's a doubt in anyone's mind about that.

I don't think everyone understands the purpose of this web site.

Ya think?

1. It can't be all good.

B. By that reasoning it can't be all bad.

XLV. Conclusion: If it were all good it would lose all value (see #1).

Perhaps some folks mind find the forum at CCL.com more comfortable?

I honestly think that folks think if they read something bad on here it will foster bad "JuJu" for their next cruise.

Obviously enough folks think CCL is enough of a value to overcome its (many) shortcomings. Steak/hamburger.

YMMV

I guess I am still wondering why on earth it matters what class the other guests you are sailing with are. I could care less what the person next to me does for a living, how much they make or if they have dental insurance!!! It is not my place or anyone's place to judge someone there is only one man that can do that and it's not anyone on these boards or on a cruise ship!!!!!

I am going to have a great vacation regardless of what anyone does for a living that I am sailing with. Heck I am on vacation with my family and friends, we will be having the time of our lives not judging fellow cruisers. All guests have just as much of a right to be there as I do!!!

Ummm, I never stated it like that. For one I do not use profanity when I speak, verbal or written, as most people that use profanity are low class people.

Speaking of Entertainment, what does Carnival offer that most of you enjoy? I know Magic has a park, theatre, shows and such. Is all the entertainment included in boarding price?

I have sailed on HAL, NCL, Princess & Carnival...and honestly Carnival has the best entertainment. I particularly like the fact that the comedians do 2 shows a night (early one family friendly and late show adult themed) .... there are so many fun activities onboard Carnival. Also the 2 cruises I did with them Legend (May of 2010) and Splendor (November of 2010 - YES THAT ONE) the Cruise Directors were just great ... not "pretty boys" like on the other lines but really nice friendly and very funny guys. I really like Carnival.

;)

I guess I am still wondering why on earth it matters what class the other guests you are sailing with are. I could care less what the person next to me does for a living, how much they make or if they have dental insurance!!! It is not my place or anyone's place to judge someone there is only one man that can do that and it's not anyone on these boards or on a cruise ship!!!!!

I am going to have a great vacation regardless of what anyone does for a living that I am sailing with. Heck I am on vacation with my family and friends, we will be having the time of our lives not judging fellow cruisers. All guests have just as much of a right to be there as I do!!!

Being an Interracial Couple does matter to us. When you get a chance, drive thru a rural town and imagine stopping in to a small restuarant. ALL EYES ON YOU! trust me.

I have sailed on HAL, NCL, Princess & Carnival...and honestly Carnival has the best entertainment. I particularly like the fact that the comedians do 2 shows a night (early one family friendly and late show adult themed) .... there are so many fun activities onboard Carnival. Also the 2 cruises I did with them Legend (May of 2010) and Splendor (November of 2010 - YES THAT ONE) the Cruise Directors were just great ... not "pretty boys" like on the other lines but really nice friendly and very funny guys. I really like Carnival.

;)

Ummm...I don't particulary mind looking at the pretty boys on the other lines...sorry;):o

Archived