Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

I certainly hope so. Unfortunetly I have to keep bringing that up to defend my statement to the ones that fail to read all the posts.

It's a endless cycle..... Geez..

Thats what I have been saying for the longest time. People must be blind they only read what they want to read. And I have to go through and defend myself and people call me a Troll.

I have a new saying for people that dont read everything.... CAVE DWELLER. Its dark in a cave and hard to see.

It's hard to explain unless your put into a situation. Ever had someone move that you sat next to due to Mix Marriage and then hear them mumble from them.

Walk, surely these things happened to you before getting married. But you were in love and realized it didn't matter. Now you are married, and it still doesn't matter. I actually think you may have a harder time on some of the OTHER lines as I know in NJ the older crowd looks down on it much more than any of the younger of low income do...

I am all about whatever and whoever and whoever you want to be with...it is none of my business and it doesn't hurt me in anyway. The easiest thing I can say to you...

People are on vacation, they aren't on a cruise to go around judging everything and everyone, they are there to relax and have a good time. I think you will see once onboard that this was never a question that was necessary to ask...and if someone does make a face, who cares, there are over 4,000 cruisers and 2,000 staff on that ship, I doubt you will really notice anything that anyone does unless you want to...HAVE FUN!!! Now go have a drink...a tropical one to get you in that mindset!

Walk, surely these things happened to you before getting married. But you were in love and realized it didn't matter. Now you are married, and it still doesn't matter. I actually think you may have a harder time on some of the OTHER lines as I know in NJ the older crowd looks down on it much more than any of the younger of low income do...

I am all about whatever and whoever and whoever you want to be with...it is none of my business and it doesn't hurt me in anyway. The easiest thing I can say to you...

People are on vacation, they aren't on a cruise to go around judging everything and everyone, they are there to relax and have a good time. I think you will see once onboard that this was never a question that was necessary to ask...and if someone does make a face, who cares, there are over 4,000 cruisers and 2,000 staff on that ship, I doubt you will really notice anything that anyone does unless you want to...HAVE FUN!!! Now go have a drink...a tropical one to get you in that mindset!

Funny you should mention that. I met my Wife and 3 weeks later we got married in Vegas, been together 10 years. I didn't care at that point and don't care now what people think.

I did not realize there is 4000+ people on that cruise ship. This topic got blown out of context (Of coarse I am guilty aswell) and was really tryng to understand what exactly makes CCL a (better word) Budget Cruise Line.

Thank you, I agree and believe me I do not have a chip on my shoulder or frankly care what others think, BUT I will be on the SAME ship with the SAME people for 7 days.

But these ships are so large and have so many different areas you rarely see the same people all 7 days.

I really need some feedback on this topic. Me and the misses were discussing a cruise that we booked with some friends last night and heard more than I expected in the negative field about Carnival.

I have no opinion as I have never cruised before on ANY cruise line but they way they explained to me on several situations how they were treated and also the class of people on board. I am not rich by any means but we did book a very nice 7 day trip for 2 just under $5k (which I thought I was really going all in).

Not sure if many of you guys have experienced Walmart at 11pm-4am, if you haven't, it's more than your human eyes can bear.

Hope I booked the right cruise. :mad:

BTW, it is the Magic that we booked. AND they told us we should have booked Celebrity. :confused::confused:

BTW, you should go to your roll call for this sailing and get a feel for the people on this ship if you are that concerned. Get to know them and put your fears to rest.

You need to get correst info, I just asked how go the pizza is on Magic, or stuff in Jamica.

You you need to get you facts right, or dont say anything at all. Your just like FOX NEWS bad info, all the time. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WREAK YOURSELF.

I dont know what's worse - your grammar, your spelling, or your maturity. Grow up already. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by JiffyBear74

Not sure that was to help you but to inform you...and by what I have read the person didn't block the topic, they blocked the troll that has all the other threads that just "happen" to be subjects that get a rise out of people...I noticed you haven't started a thread about anything that really matters or could actually give someone information that they could use yet...

You need to get correst info, I just asked how good the pizza is on the Magic, or stuff in Jamica.

Posted by JPTexan82

You you need to get you facts right, or dont say anything at all. Your just like FOX NEWS bad info, all the time. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WREAK YOURSELF.

Okay, "you facts" and "wreak" (do you mean "wreck")? "Your" instead of "you're", and you want people to take you seriously?:confused:

Trolling as usual I see. Well, it's your right!

Funny you should mention that. I met my Wife and 3 weeks later we got married in Vegas, been together 10 years. I didn't care at that point and don't care now what people think.

I did not realize there is 4000+ people on that cruise ship. This topic got blown out of context (Of coarse I am guilty aswell) and was really tryng to understand what exactly makes CCL a (better word) Budget Cruise Line.

Not only do they hold that many people, the Magic is like 12 or 13 decks high...so it is spread out in both directions...

Here is how I describe it as a budget line:

Many times the cabins are less expensive than other lines, especially the suites.

Does not cater to a demographic by throwing a certain mouse or duck onboard that we will not mention.

Does not have as many pay restaurants to spend extra money on.

Does not have Broadway shows like Chicago or Hairspray or Blue Man Group.

Does not have zip lines and rock climbing and flow riders and ice skating or an ice bar that you have to wear a fur coat to go in and have a drink.

BUT...

The food is just as good, if not better.

The service is just as good, if not better.

The public spaces hold just as many people, if not more.

The entertainment is great, DO NOT MISS THE COMEDY SHOWS, but don't sit up front either.:eek:

And the fellowpassengers are, for the most part-Amazing.

Every cruise has a few but who cares...they are usually the ones that are so insecure about themselves that they have to make fun of or talk about others.

We have cruised CCL, NCL, RCCL several times and Disney, Celebrity and HAL once...I have enjoyed all of my CCL cruises more than any of the others. You didn't make a bad choice, your friends made a bad choice by choosing to put that thought in your head!

Originally Posted by JiffyBear74

Not sure that was to help you but to inform you...and by what I have read the person didn't block the topic, they blocked the troll that has all the other threads that just "happen" to be subjects that get a rise out of people...I noticed you haven't started a thread about anything that really matters or could actually give someone information that they could use yet...

You need to get correst info, I just asked how good the pizza is on the Magic, or stuff in Jamica.

Posted by JPTexan82

Okay, "you facts" and "wreak" (do you mean "wreck")? "Your" instead of "you're", and you want people to take you seriously?:confused:

Trolling as usual I see. Well, it's your right!

He says he's not a troll because he doesn't know the definition or how to spell it!:eek::D

Can't wait to pick this up later..right now I have to go WREAK myself! HAHAHAHAHA!:p

You want to know exactly what makes CCL a budget cruise line? All the other B.S. aside, Carnival is budget based on price and amenities. Not long ago, CCL's CEO said the cruise line targets first timers and blue collars. It's not derogatory, just their target audience. Yes, you will see more people on CCL that carry themselves in a way that is stereotypically lower income, class, whatever you want to call it - meaning you'll see more smokers, binge drinkers, and are more likely to have rowdy neighbors. CCL also typically has more passengers per square foot, meaning their ships are more crowded than others. To CCL, quantity is their goal. Their model is lower prices and more people.

You want to know exactly what makes CCL a budget cruise line? All the other B.S. aside, Carnival is budget based on price and amenities. Not long ago, CCL's CEO said the cruise line targets first timers and blue collars. It's not derogatory, just their target audience. Yes, you will see more people on CCL that carry themselves in a way that is stereotypically lower income, class, whatever you want to call it - meaning you'll see more smokers, binge drinkers, and are more likely to have rowdy neighbors. CCL also typically has more passengers per square foot, meaning their ships are more crowded than others. To CCL, quantity is their goal. Their model is lower prices and more people.

Reason I chose the Magic is being the newest ship thinking amenities may have a broader range available. Only thing I might have changed was maybe booking a balcony instead of a suite to save a bit.

I certainly hope so. Unfortunetly I have to keep bringing that up to defend my statement to the ones that fail to read all the posts.

It's a endless cycle..... Geez..

Really, as far as I can see NO ONE on here has a problem with it so not sure why you think you have to defend yourself over and over and over again...

I think that you as others have posted, like to stir the pot!!!

If I thought only low class people cruised Carnival, I wouldn't go. I have been on 2 Carnival cruises and had a blast and will be going on another in July. I do feel that the low-class go to Walmart which is why I don't like that store. As for as cruise lines, I have only cruised Carnival. But I can say this, I have stayed at the Bellagio as well as Treasure Island in Las Vegas. While the Bellagio is much more elegant, I had more fun at Treasure Island. Hope this helps :)

Really, as far as I can see NO ONE on here has a problem with it so not sure why you think you have to defend yourself over and over and over again...

I think that you as others have posted, like to stir the pot!!!

I will not get into a pushing match. Actually you bringing this up trying to start an altercation between two people, in my book, would be considered a pot stirrir... My time is more valuable to me to waste it on stirring a pot or trolling around.

If I thought only low class people cruised Carnival, I wouldn't go. I have been on 2 Carnival cruises and had a blast and will be going on another in July. I do feel that the low-class go to Walmart which is why I don't like that store. As for as cruise lines, I have only cruised Carnival. But I can say this, I have stayed at the Bellagio as well as Treasure Island in Las Vegas. While the Bellagio is much more elegant, I had more fun at Treasure Island. Hope this helps :)

That brings up a great point. We took a trip to Vegas last year and stayed at Mandalay Bay (Which was very nice) but spent alot of time at Planet Hollywood, New York and such. But I would have to say we would stay at MB again, great experience.

I will not get into a pushing match. Actually you bringing this up trying to start an altercation between two people, in my book, would be considered a pot stirrir... My time is more valuable to me to waste it on stirring a pot or trolling around.

:eek::eek::eek: Really, LMAO!!!

Reason I chose the Magic is being the newest ship thinking amenities may have a broader range available. Only thing I might have changed was maybe booking a balcony instead of a suite to save a bit.

Out of the Carnival fleet it will have the broadest amenities and I agree, a premium balcony would have been fine and saved you money.

Back to the original OP question.

My husband and I have been on numerous cruises over the years, and have not found price to correlate with class. The lines we have cruised were RCCL (RCI) Norwegian (pre and post freestyle) Disney and Carnival. I can just give you my take on these 4.

RCI-Always good experiences, food was superior years ago however as they added more ships it was pretty much on par with the other moderate cruise lines. As for the clientele, good cross section of US, Canada and Europe. I would not consider RCI a more luxury line than Carnival, I believe that it is similarly priced and the ships are similar.

Norwegian-Liked it better pre-freestyle. I feel as though Carnival is less of a "budget" line than Norwegian is now. Freestyle sucks and I didnt care for the ship that we were on (after Freestyle was implemented) and the Food was AWFUL! As for the clientele, I liked the people I met on my Carnival cruise much better and the cruise directors were awful. Entertainment was terrible as well, worse than any I have seen.

Disney-What can I say, if you like Disney you love Disney cruise. Food was excellent and they pay attention to every detail. They also had the best shows. Clientele, was just average people, most very nice, but there are always rotten apples in the bunch and lots and lots of kids of course! This was definitely NOT a budget cruise!

Carnival-We have taken one CArnival cruise and full disclosure, it was a 12 night in Europe. I really enjoyed Carnival, it was the only ship I was ever on that they actually had a REAL deck party and a lot of people showed up! I also very much enjoyed the poolside theater with the free popcorn. The cruise directors were wonderful and were engaged with the customers all the time. I thought that the food on the pool deck was superior to any of the casual food that I have had on any other cruise line. The staff was attentive and friendly and the clientele, again was a good cross section, but in this case there were alot of Europeans, so I cant really speak to the "class" of the people.

That said I think that you will totally enjoy your Carnival cruise if you dont sweat the small stuff and nevermind what other folks are doing.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Like I said earlier, Oasis and Allure do have more sea days than most Caribbean itineraries, but your sweeping generalization is just simple false.

As for your Europe comment, I found no cruises as you described (6 sea days) except re-positioning and trans-Atlantics - on which more sea days would hold true for any cruise line. Others, with less ports, have overnights in those ports. Other than Oasis Class, RCI generally has no more sea days than any other cruise line, including Carnival, so please stop passing false information.

The evidence speaks for itself.....#carryon

Archived