Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

I don't have or never have had an issue with people that need it, but I know people that need help and can't get it because people that don't need it are in the housing and their are no vacancies...

It seems like they make it as hard as possible to get into it, but once you are in, you are in for life.

It didn't use to be that way. 48 years ago when I was a toddler, my mother divorced my father because he refused to work (among other problems) and proceeded to attempt to support and raise her 7 children on her own. She received Aid from DHS for 2 years while going to business school and then supported us from then on as a low paid accounting clerk. While receiving support she received only a 3 bedroom apartment with 1 bathroom and no air conditioning in "the courts" for all 8 of us to live in, commodities (picture powdered milk, peanut butter, canned veggies and canned spam) and about $60 per month for all other expenses. She raised all 7 of us. All but 1 of us worked their way through college. 4 of us have graduate degrees. Each one of us pay about 5 times more money in taxes each year then my mother received total from the government. Sure it was hard for my mother but I think the government would have been doing my mother AND all of her children a greater disservice if they had encouraged her to remain on Government aid. My mother was not able to give us money, expensive toys, or expensive education. She gave us something more valuable, a desire for an education and an abhorrence of the "victim mentality".

Just to let everyone know. The OP which posted this topic passed away over the weekend. The mods deleated his account. I know him and his wife were looking foward to the cruise so much.

The OP is on right now.

What you said was a totally classless comment. You never joke about something like that.

Just to let everyone know. The OP which posted this topic passed away over the weekend. The mods deleated his account. I know him and his wife were looking foward to the cruise so much.

Are you sure? How do you know? Its odd that his profile shows him online right now! Only way that could be would be if his wife or family were online here at Cruise Critic. I gotta tell you if a close family member of mine died yesterday, the computer and cruises would be the farthest things from my mind.

Do you feel better now that you were rude to me? You're saying the exact same things I already said.

MY POINT was that the last time an account was accessed is the not last time a post was made, which the poster was confused about. Does me helping another poster clear up confusion warrant your rudeness?

I guess rudeness is in the eye of the poster because if I was rude to you, you would know it...did you see any capitals or expressions of any type? Any exclamation points or any indication WHAT SO EVER that I was being rude? Or just asking a question?

The poster used the wrong wording, I don't think they needed to get called out for it, we all know what they meant. I actually think that was more rude than me asking you what your point was on calling them out...

And to correct you...again, because you were wrong about my intentions in the post to begin with, when I wrote this post it was PRIOR to the things you already said, but I got busy with some things and didn't hit sumbit for a short time afterwards.

While obviously not warranted in THIS case, when my husbands workplace suffered a mass shooting 2 years ago resulting in 3 deaths and more injures, one of my close friends wanted EVERYTHING public about their life removed off the internet because it was high-profile and the news was hounding them and searching for things.

The news was calling her dozens of times a day, starting with the day her husband died. They were on her facebook, her husbands facebook, her CHILDREN'S facebooks, so I can certainly understand that in some cases, you would want any and all internet accounts shut down.

That said, she was grieving, and didn't do it herself. She asked me to do it for her, and I did.

I could see that in this situation but facebook and such is your actual name. No one would know who he is, it isn't like you can search for a member by real name like you can on facebook. An account like this would be useless to anyone for anyother reason except to post here.

Besides that, JP first "spoke" to ***P less then two weeks ago...how did you become that close to him and his wife in the past 10 days??

Also many of their posts were conflicting and somewhat argumentative...maybe bi-polar?

I could see that in this situation but facebook and such is your actual name. No one would know who he is, it isn't like you can search for a member by real name like you can on facebook. An account like this would be useless to anyone for anyother reason except to post here.

Facebook let's you have a custom url.

People tend to stick with the same usernames. For instance if your facebook id (not your name, the one they let you choose) was facebook.com/walkthefreekinplank I could google that and find anything else you also used that username for.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

This thread lasted a few hours on another cruise line's board before the moderators put an end to it. Yet on this board, it has been allowed to run this long and after several reports to CC today, I just can't understand why it is still here.

Because your wireless still uses the same IP and it assigns said IP To all your devices under your wireless network. I am a mod on a couple of Forums and i fix computers so while you may think that it has different IP's they don't. :)

Really....not all of my devices are wireless nor are they in the same location and under the same network...one is corporate and one is built in with a different carrier and then the wireless on top of that. Plus, I can log onto multiple computers in the office on that network which all have a seperate IP address...So I guess you don't know as much as you think you do...

Oh, and last time I checked, the saying was "not the sharpest tool in the shed", tools aren't usually "bright", not unlike other things on here...

Really....not all of my devices are wireless nor are they in the same location and under the same network...one is corporate and one is built in with a different carrier and then the wireless on top of that. Plus, I can log onto multiple computers in the office on that network which all have a seperate IP address...So I guess you don't know as much as you think you do...

Oh, and last time I checked, the saying was "not the sharpest tool in the shed", tools aren't usually "bright", not unlike other things on here...

Good eye!! Yes, if Pasco was only a bit "brighter bulb" he may have known the real saying too.. :)

Archived