Children's menus - Celebrity

Mercury

I don't have a menu since my DS is older and although we were on Celebrity in Dec., the CC board indicates that ther are menu changes taking place. What I can say is that the buffet has pizza, pasta,vegetables, and a great selection of ice cream and toppings. Above the pool deck, the grill has hamburgers, hot dogs and fries from 11am until 6pm. The solarium grill also has a wonderful but small selection of foods for breakfast and lunch. In the dining room, I am sure a talk with your waiter can guarantee tasty and appropriate food for any age. I know we sat near a lady with special food needs and the waiter arranged for different dishes each evening. The food will not disappoint.

I have one of the menu's but it is at home right now. I can remember off hand chicken tenders, pizza, corn dog, steak, spagetti either w/ our w/ out sauce, sides were broccoli, grean beans, french fries, fruit etc...I think I am missing something but cant remember for sure.

How old is your child/children? We took our 5, 10,12,&13 year old. Our older children never ordered off the kids menu. They always found somethign to their taste on the adult menu. Our 5 year old stuck w/ pizza when he ate w/ us.

We were on the Summit last summer. We actually never saw a children's menu all week. They do have pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, there was a children's area on the buffet with chicken fingers. They always had plenty of fruit to choose from, cereals at breakfast, waffles and pancakes etc. They also have an ice cream bar with various toppings and ice cream choices.

DD#1 has several food allergies so she had to eat a bit differently - but they had no issue making my girls fruit plates, things like steak with broccoli and french fries and chicken fingers. They are welcome to order anything off the regular menu that they would like. I'm sure if there is a special food that your DC likes that they would be more than happy to try and provide if esp if you ask say the night before.

BTW my girls were 2 and 4 years old. They ate very well all week.

Thank-you so much for all your replies! My children are 3yrs and 5yrs old. I can see from the items you've all mentioned that they will have a wonderful selection. It's also great to know that the waiters are so accommodating and helpful. My 3yr old is a very fussy eater but my 5yr old is happy to try new foods and experiment a little.

Thanks again!

We were so pleased with the children's menu last summer. There was a different one each night. There were the usual offerings, chicken nuggets, pizza, burgers, etc., but it also offered appetizers, a pasta dish, entrees and desserts that weren't the usual kid fare. Those items were presented much like the adult menu.

My eight year old enjoyed trying some new things. She also ate from the adult menu. My five year old stuck with his usual pasta, chicken and burgers.

But there was effort put into the kids menu, which I thought was great.

Thank-you so much for all your replies! My children are 3yrs and 5yrs old. I can see from the items you've all mentioned that they will have a wonderful selection. It's also great to know that the waiters are so accommodating and helpful. My 3yr old is a very fussy eater but my 5yr old is happy to try new foods and experiment a little.

Thanks again!

There is usually a fruit appetizer and a steak on the anytime menu so you could always resort to that as well, especially if they aren't adventurous but don't want the kids fare every night. I have also heard that people sometimes gets smaller portions of the entree pasta - so maybe you could go with that as well.

The buffet also has things like carved meats (they had steak, ham, turkey, pork etc - so if they want a break from the usual pizza etc they have that choice). I completely forgot but they had a make your own pasta every night at the buffet - with lots of options. They could get a plan pasta with oil or red sauce. Also there were some nights I walked through the buffet and found that they had tacos or stir fry too - so you might be able to get them something that they are used to. While my girls like chicken fingers - they do like to have lots of adult choices as well. I would say even picky eaters will be happy. Also they had some basic things on the room service menu like pizza too - so you could always get them something to the room while you get ready esp if you have a balcony for them to eat on.

We sailed on the Summit with DD, DSIL, and DGS (1) last summer. Between the time that we booked the cruise and the time we sailed, we learned that DGS had a myriad of allergies.

Celebrity handled it wonderfully! The maitre d' went out of his way to suggest meals for DGS. There was always a good selection of things from which to choose. I think you'll find it easy to find things that will appeal to even a picky eater.

It was the main reason we're doing another cruise this summer instead of taking a beach house.

My opinion is somewhat different. We traveled with an almost 3 y/o and a 1 y/o. The children's menu, in my opinion was basically junk food. What we ended up doing is ordering from the adult menu and have them either share with us or depending on what was available, we would order a smaller portion for them. We try to feed the little ones healthy meals. There is nothing wrong with a burger or hot dog every now and them. But we rather not feed them fried or high fat content food everyday.

They loved the soups and the rissoto seafood dishes.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqId=506&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&pagename=faq_answers

Children's Menus

Colorful menus with special children-friendly choices are served to young cruisers at lunch and dinner. Selections include Oriental chicken with stir-fried vegetables, pasta with four-cheese sauce, macaroni au gratin with cream and cheese, grilled ham and cheese sandwich, hamburger or cheeseburger with trimmings, French fries and an all-American hot dog. Dessert selections include peach melba, banana splits and ice cream sundaes. If you are interested in this menu selection please advise the Restaurant Manager on the day of embarkation.

This is the children's menu from Royal Caribbean. But it is basically the same.

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

• 3 months later...

We recently got off the Summit, I thought the children's menu in the MDR was small. They had Hot Dogs, Cheesburgers, and one other dish which varied from night to night - the only one I remember was a breaded pork chop the last night. They also had a salad, soup, appetizer, & dessert the kids could choose from. They do not have chicken fingers/nuggets anywhere that I could find. The buffet had what others listed above - pizza, steamed veggies, breads, fruit. And the pool grill had burgers & fries. The fries on Celebrity were great! We also asked for the chicken breast (adult meal) without any sauce, and they were happy to do that. The menu did not look anything like the RCCL menu posted above, that one looks great!

• 1 year later...

What I always wonder about...There are times when an adult might be in the mood for something on the children's menu.

Is this possible or allowed?

I did this once on RCI, and got surprised looks from my fellow tablemates (of which some were seasoned cruisers) :cool:

We were so pleased with the children's menu last summer. There was a different one each night. There were the usual offerings, chicken nuggets, pizza, burgers, etc., but it also offered appetizers, a pasta dish, entrees and desserts that weren't the usual kid fare. Those items were presented much like the adult menu.

My eight year old enjoyed trying some new things. She also ate from the adult menu. My five year old stuck with his usual pasta, chicken and burgers.

But there was effort put into the kids menu, which I thought was great.

I haven't sailed Celebrity, but did take my kids on a cruise when they were 2, 5 and 8, and they ate exclusively from the regular menu. They have their own "picky" quirks (the oldest doesn't eat potatoes or cheese!) but the waiters were always willing to accommodate with things like "no sauce" or "no potatoes". The oldest ate red meat (steak, prime rib, etc) nearly every night, while the middle child ate fish (salmon, halibut, etc) nearly every night. The little one just ate whatever we gave her from our plates.

I took them again 10 years later as teens and they ate everything in sight! :eek:

What I always wonder about...There are times when an adult might be in the mood for something on the children's menu.

Is this possible or allowed?

I did this once on RCI, and got surprised looks from my fellow tablemates (of which some were seasoned cruisers) :cool:

I have thought about this too! Sometimes I just want some mac n cheese!!