Recent comments posted on costa forum

icon1.gif OK Costa, Just Call it Quits

Ok maybe they should just sell off the ships and let carnival hope for the best

Perhaps Cunard will buy them as they bought White Star Line after an unfortunate incident a while back.

-----------------------------------------------

Cunard didn't buy out White Star until a long time after Titanic. While this isn't helping Costa in any way, they will still pull themselves through this, and they won't be going down the pan, at least not for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, Cunard is owned by Carnival UK, as you probably know, so buying Costa would be like buying themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A brand can go down fast. Lot of brands from 1840 are defunct. Carnival could easily absorb the ships into their other brands and/or start a new European brand.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If Costa were not owned by Carnival I think they would be dead. I would have guessed Carnival would absorb the short term losses and try to keep the brand going. To succeed they will have to convince people they will remake the cruise line, that it will become the safest cruise line etc. They would have to can the current management. So far no indication of any such changes in culture or management. That begins to make me wonder if might be thinking of killing the brand. They have also moved a Carnival ship to Europe and I hear they are planning to move another Carnival ship to Europe. Could be a prelude....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm italian and I sincerely hope Costa won't disappear...I know the company is owned by Carnival,which is an american company,but I see "Genova" written below the name of the ships and I can't believe that Italy will not have its flag on an ship anymore....(MSC has Panama flag...)

Read this today:

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/02/29/39739/agents-would-support-a-rebrand-of-costa-cruises.html

Seems like Costa could be rebranded to something different, or its ships moved around to other Carnival lines. If Costa do indeed go, what affect will this have on Thomson Dream as it's still owned by them with Thomson leasing it?

Archived