Aft crown loft question

Has anyone stayed in room 1730 on Allure? We're currently debating between a Grand Suite and this crown loft and are having a hard time deciding. The price difference isn't an issue, but have read some reviews with the room not feeling spacious since its narrow. Thought if someone had actually stayed in one (not just wandered through) they could offer some insight that would be helpful with deciding. Thanks

We stayed in 1744 last year, which is about the same size as 1730. While it may seem a little narrow on the deck plan, it's very comfortable and we had plenty of room, even with two teen age girls! We were originally going to stay in 1730 but decided the view wasn't what we wanted (sports deck), so we moved to the side for better ocean views.

We didn't stay there but noted just how very far those cabins are from all of the action! I guess if you plan to dine and sun in your suite, that would be fine, but if you plan to participate in other activities around the ship, it seemed to take a long time to get to 17. I'd prefer the other suite ( where you can still dine and sun,) but are closer to the other action. Also as Dory pointed out, some of those CL suites are very public, a real fishbowl.

Has anyone stayed in room 1730 on Allure? We're currently debating between a Grand Suite and this crown loft and are having a hard time deciding. The price difference isn't an issue, but have read some reviews with the room not feeling spacious since its narrow. Thought if someone had actually stayed in one (not just wandered through) they could offer some insight that would be helpful with deciding. Thanks

For the record: "we did not stay in any of the suites in question!" but: we would not because we did not like the view of the sports court. If you're going to use the balcony for anything but fresh air the view is really "obstructed" by the courts, lights, and noise. The AquaTheater Suites - Deck 8, 9, & 10 are much better value for the price. GS has the "usual" floor plan and a very nice balcony. IMHO: you will appreciate the GS more.

I will be staying in a CLS for the third time in Sept. I have been in 1704 (Oceanview) & 1728 (Aft). I LOVED them both! I am actually staying in 1730 in Sept. I chose this one because you can watch the aqua shows from this balcony. I did not feel like I was in a fish bowl at all!!!! I enjoy the aft because it is not windy at all! The CLS has 2 bathrooms which is VERY nice when getting ready. They do not feel narrow or small in the least! Being 2 stories tall they feel much larger than they are. I highly recomend any CLS!

I have stayed in this cabin. I have photos of the cabin and the view looking down from the balcony in my Allure photos( Look for 1730 as there are other loft suites in those photos). The link is below. This CL has the deepest balcony of all of the Crown Lofts. We do prefer the side CL facing the sea if we have a choice just because of the views of the sea but we would also stay in an aft CL too.

Personally I would stay in a CL over a GS any day. I like being up on deck 17. It's very quiet. We always book one of the loft cabins of some type on this deck. We have had a total of four different loft suites up here and will be back again in September. You must have a SeaPass card to enter this area so you don't have kids running around. The CL's are very nice. You have two bathrooms. The upstairs bathroom has a shower that will hold three people. :) It has a rain shower head in the center with a shower head on each side of the stall.

The width is the same as a Junior Suite. It's plenty big. There is also a TV both upstairs and down stairs. I would go with the CL.

Edited by cruisingator2

Thank you so much for all of the information! You have all been very helpful. I really like the idea of not hearing people running through the halls at all hours. I would book an ocean facing suite, but there aren't anymore available.

Razorbackislandgirl - love the fact that you don't feel any wind in the afts..that is a definite plus. And an added bounus if we can see the aquashow from our balcony.

Cruisingator2 - GREAT pics!! Thank you so much for sharing them they were definitely helpful.

We have stayed in both and we love both... but if I have to choose I would pick the CL. But not 1730. We do not like the sports deck view due to the lack of privacy... but love the side facing lofts. The space is very nice and the cabin does not feel narrow at all... The two story glass walls that look out on the ocean can't be compared to any other view available. With the curtains open you get amazing views from the bed on 'deck 18'. Also the quiet of deck 17 as well as the phenomenal cabin stewards on 17 wins hands down as our choice.

We stayed in a sea facing CL in October. Absolutely loved the suite. The only thing my wife missed was the tub, so if that matters enough then perhaps the GS would be a better proposition.

These types of suite are only available on the two Oasis class ships, and that was part of the attraction. We had two children (8 & 16) with us, and the cabin was spacious with plenty of storage. The full height windows and height of the loft gives the room a narrow perspective in photographs, that doesn't seem as noticable in reality.

The location provides a feeling of exclusivity and privacy. I never felt far from the action. There is a lounge on that deck. The windjammer is one flight of stairs away. The sports and pool decks are nearby. The "horseshoe" corridor with two entrances meant it was rare to ever see anybody else coming or going from ther cabin. The whole deck is very quiet, which can be a welcome contrast from some of the other areas of the ship.

Absolutely loved the suite, and if I had the choice now, I would pick the CL over the GS in a heartbeat. Obviously there is some compromise on view with the aft suites, and that is now being reflected in the pricing. The category is being split into L1 and L2 suites this year.

Wow! I can't thank you all enough for all of the responses. They have definitely helped with our decision. It is just the two of us so I thought at first this suite may be 'over kill', but it is just such a unique cabin type that I am really looking forward to it.

The tub isn't a big deal for us, but it is something that may be of some concern to others so thank you for pointing that out.

I really like the idea of the privacy of the 17th floor halls....and walking throughout the ship to get to other places is fine with us. We're both very active (marathon runners, triathletes) so that isn't an issue.

I would really like a cabin that faces the ocean, but that isn't an option for our sailing so we'll just go with the aft.

Razorbackislandgirl...you said you never really heard any noise from the sport deck? We're not late sleepers by any means, but on the sea days we may want to sleep in a bit and not be woken up by people playing basketball or mini gold:D

On our 2/4/2012 Oasis cruise we stayed in room 1720 which overlooks the back of the ship. Although the balcony is never really quite, once you close the door, you will not hear anything. Here is a link to a video that someone posted on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watchv=xLGqy5J_3f4&feature=related

About 4 minutes into the video, he closes the balcony door and other than the clicking of his camera you cannot hear any of the outdoor noise. We do prefer the ocean facing balcony but we received such a good deal on this cabin we could not pass it up.

Wow! I can't thank you all enough for all of the responses. They have definitely helped with our decision. It is just the two of us so I thought at first this suite may be 'over kill', but it is just such a unique cabin type that I am really looking forward to it.

The tub isn't a big deal for us, but it is something that may be of some concern to others so thank you for pointing that out.

I really like the idea of the privacy of the 17th floor halls....and walking throughout the ship to get to other places is fine with us. We're both very active (marathon runners, triathletes) so that isn't an issue.

I would really like a cabin that faces the ocean, but that isn't an option for our sailing so we'll just go with the aft.

Razorbackislandgirl...you said you never really heard any noise from the sport deck? We're not late sleepers by any means, but on the sea days we may want to sleep in a bit and not be woken up by people playing basketball or mini gold:D

Keep an eye out for a side CL to open up. That does happen from time to time.

On our 2/4/2012 Oasis cruise we stayed in room 1720 which overlooks the back of the ship. Although the balcony is never really quite, once you close the door, you will not hear anything. Here is a link to a video that someone posted on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watchv=xLGqy5J_3f4&feature=related

About 4 minutes into the video, he closes the balcony door and other than the clicking of his camera you cannot hear any of the outdoor noise. We do prefer the ocean facing balcony but we received such a good deal on this cabin we could not pass it up.

1720 is our favorite cabin. We have stayed in this cabin twice and have it booked again for November. You get the sea views along with the sports court for people watching. Noise has not been an issue.

Edited by cruisingator2

Thanks for posting this. I previously started a thread asking whether I should book a GS or CL. The majority thought that the CL was the way to go, especially since they are one-of-a-kind. We decided on Cabin #1732 for the Allure 9/30 sailing. :)

• 2 months later...

In one week I'm in 1730 on the Allure! Looking forward to it. Someone recently said they added DVD players in the Suites (RCL shows it in the room amenities). Can anyone who has been in a suite recently on the Allure confirm this?

I will be staying in a CLS for the third time in Sept. I have been in 1704 (Oceanview) & 1728 (Aft). I LOVED them both! I am actually staying in 1730 in Sept. I chose this one because you can watch the aqua shows from this balcony. I did not feel like I was in a fish bowl at all!!!! I enjoy the aft because it is not windy at all! The CLS has 2 bathrooms which is VERY nice when getting ready. They do not feel narrow or small in the least! Being 2 stories tall they feel much larger than they are. I highly recomend any CLS!

Yes Yes we stayed in the CL facing aft.

There is not much to complain about........Loved the downstairs bathroom, had it all to myself!!! If there would be any wants it would be for a walk in closet as the closet space is not great....

That's all......Fantastic room!

• 1 year later...

We're sailing in an L2 crown loft in May and August. We've previously have only been in an L1. If you had your choice between Oceanview or Aft which would you select. We're one cabin off from dead center. Also are the balconies bigger in the aft crown lofts? Thanks for your help!

I have stayed in this cabin. I have photos of the cabin and the view looking down from the balcony in my Allure photos( Look for 1730 as there are other loft suites in those photos). The link is below. This CL has the deepest balcony of all of the Crown Lofts. We do prefer the side CL facing the sea if we have a choice just because of the views of the sea but we would also stay in an aft CL too.

Personally I would stay in a CL over a GS any day. I like being up on deck 17. It's very quiet. We always book one of the loft cabins of some type on this deck. We have had a total of four different loft suites up here and will be back again in September. You must have a SeaPass card to enter this area so you don't have kids running around. The CL's are very nice. You have two bathrooms. The upstairs bathroom has a shower that will hold three people. :) It has a rain shower head in the center with a shower head on each side of the stall.

The width is the same as a Junior Suite. It's plenty big. There is also a TV both upstairs and down stairs. I would go with the CL.

Completely agree with this post. We have stayed in 1730 on Allure and Oasis. It is one of our favorite cabins (if the Aquasuite is not available). If it is available, take it!

Completely agree with this post. We have stayed in 1730 on Allure and Oasis. It is one of our favorite cabins (if the Aquasuite is not available). If it is available, take it!

We're in 1732 one off from 1730 which is dead center. Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it!