Breakaway, Your Expectations?

portagyplaya12

There's something more meaningful in a US port than the Statue of Liberty? Or how about observing a moment of silence as you pass the former World Trade Center site? Does any other US city have anything remotely resembling the NY skyline?

I agree...We sailed out of NY last summer and it was an awesome sight both leaving and coming back. Plus we had a great time sight seeing for a couple days after our return. DD even did the Rockette Experience...what more could you ask for???

Actually, I expect the Breakaway (hate the name) to be a refined version of the Epic. I expect her lines will make her look much less top-heavy than the Epic, and as already mentioned the round beds, curved walls, see-through toilet chambers gone and the sinks will be much more conventional. I also expect that like the Epic, many NCL fans will watch the build and pay close attention to what's in, and what's not as she becomes a ship. No matter what, it will be interesting.;)

Picture of SFO from our NCL DOS bedroom.

SFO.jpg

Sorry no comparison to NYC sailaway from the GV.

1491257770059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

1491258529059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

You guys are way too funny. :D This sounds likes a case of school yard rivalry "my dad's bigger than your dad" :p :D

NYC is exciting 365 days a year; that's why we live here. We take the BREAKAWAY to get away from the excitement and remind ourselves how lucky we are to be able to do both.

You misunderstand!Flying north in the winter to take a cruise heading south can be stressful.All it takes is one good blizzard or snow storm to foul things up.ILUVNY!

I also made a comment about the itinerary out of NY for Bermuda.There are 2 -12 Night Southern Caribbean cruises out of NY Jan 2013 on the Breakaway.Much better itinerary.3 days down,6 ports,3 days back.Its more money but will be a ton of fun for some!:)

You misunderstand!Flying north in the winter to take a cruise heading south can be stressful.All it takes is one good blizzard or snow storm to foul things up.ILUVNY!

I also made a comment about the itinerary out of NY for Bermuda.There are 2 -12 Night Southern Caribbean cruises out of NY Jan 2013 on the Breakaway.Much better itinerary.3 days down,6 ports,3 days back.Its more money but will be a ton of fun for some!:)

I don't think I misunderstood your initial comment, nor did others. I think you're trying to soften it now, and that's fine. Flying south in the winter can be stressful for those of us north, but I'd never think Miami wouldn't be unexciting for me as a non-local. Tell ya the truth, we New Yorkers are so used to people finding fault, we get used to it. San Francisco, Miami, wherever....I like 'em all, but I also know that if I could take a poll and ask Americans, and the world, what sky line they'd like to see in person in the USA, the vast majority would say NYC. Anyway, I happily tell you I am one of the lucky ones who will be on one of the 12 day BREAKAWAY cruises in 1/2014, and have even added a 2 day to it to treat myself to 2 weeks on a big ship (woo hoo!!) and I hope no matter where we live and where we cruise, we all make some great memories. :D:cool:

but I also know that if I could take a poll and ask Americans, and the world, what sky line they'd like to see in person in the USA, the vast majority would say NYC.

I guess I'd be in the minority on your poll. Born, bred, raised in A city, now moved to the beautiful country. I'd have to vote "none" are beautiful and none is what I need to see in person. One city to me looks pretty close to all cities to me. Give me a beautiful nature setting and I'm good to go :D.

Now back to the task at hand. I wish they let out a little more info on the breakaway.

I guess I'd be in the minority on your poll. Born, bred, raised in A city, now moved to the beautiful country. I'd have to vote "none" are beautiful and none is what I need to see in person. One city to me looks pretty close to all cities to me. Give me a beautiful nature setting and I'm good to go :D.

Now back to the task at hand. I wish they let out a little more info on the breakaway.

I love the country, too. I love lakes. And pine trees. And Montreal! AND, I have no doubt I'll love the BREAKAWAY. I am very excited to experience a big ship, and agree with you on the info. Bet we'd all agree on that one: give us some news! We want updates! What's going on inside those decks!! C'mon, NCL, tease us!!!:p

I love the country, too. I love lakes. And pine trees. And Montreal! AND, I have no doubt I'll love the BREAKAWAY. I am very excited to experience a big ship, and agree with you on the info. Bet we'd all agree on that one: give us some news! We want updates! What's going on inside those decks!! C'mon, NCL, tease us!!!:p

Well today I think i'd like the look of palm trees the best, since we are in the middle of a darn snow storm :(

Yes a little teasing might be nice. Hey I got an idea, split each new venue in 1/4's then give us a 1/4 of the room every week and then one complete venue a month. :) Talk about an adventure :p

We are still awaiting details on the public areas of the Breakaway. My main concern is the pools? The little pools on the Epic for 4,000 passengers are a joke. Hopefully, this new ship will have at least two large pools similar to the Jewel class ships. I'm afraid it is too much to hope for that the ship will have at least one enclosed pool similar to those in the Royal Caribbean Solariums and on Princess ships? Or possibly, a pool with a retracting roof similar to the HAL ships? Since the ship will be sailing year round out of New York, pool options should be a priority consideration. We take a mid-winter cruise out of New York in January every year and if the Breakaway fails to address this problem, we will take the Gem in 2014.

New York isn't exciting for non locals? Seriously?

And Bermuda sucks?

I totally agree with njhorseman. NYC is a great place for embarkation. If I was a non-local, I would definitely stay in the city for a couple of days pre- or post-cruise. As it stands now, I am thinking of doing that anyway before my friends and I sail on Breakaway on May 12, 2013. I think it would be a great prelude to spend the Saturday before the cruise going to a show, having a great meal and hanging out on Restaurant Row enjoying the music.

As for Bermuda, I have heard nothing but great things about it. Except maybe it being expensive, but hey you only live once. No vacation for me would suck.

Well today I think i'd like the look of palm trees the best, since we are in the middle of a darn snow storm :(

Yes a little teasing might be nice. Hey I got an idea, split each new venue in 1/4's then give us a 1/4 of the room every week and then one complete venue a month. :) Talk about an adventure :p

Now THAT'S what I call a big tease! We'd all be going nuts by the time it finally hits the high seas.

I totally agree with njhorseman. NYC is a great place for embarkation. If I was a non-local, I would definitely stay in the city for a couple of days pre- or post-cruise. As it stands now, I am thinking of doing that anyway before my friends and I sail on Breakaway on May 12, 2013. I think it would be a great prelude to spend the Saturday before the cruise going to a show, having a great meal and hanging out on Restaurant Row enjoying the music.

As for Bermuda, I have heard nothing but great things about it. Except maybe it being expensive, but hey you only live once. No vacation for me would suck.

You know how to plan a great evening in Manhattan. A great prelude, indeed!

There's something more meaningful in a US port than the Statue of Liberty? Or how about observing a moment of silence as you pass the former World Trade Center site? Does any other US city have anything remotely resembling the NY skyline?

Jersey City.

Ok...not really. :D

For me, I could care less where the ship goes as long as the ship has lots of fun stuff to do. To be able to drive to the port and to be home from vacation 30 minutes after getting off the ship is a great perk. I'm so excited to see what this ship will be all about. Love the idea of the indoor pool like RC. Regardless, I think it's going to be great and I am super excited to hear more about it!!

How long does it take for NCL to provide us with information about the Breakaway's public areas? Surely the plans must be complete by now?

Antici.................................................................................

.........................................................................................

................................................................................pation!

Marketing Gold!

Archived