Buck Island- Private companies?

kathew

Has anyone had experiences with one of the private companies? We are looking to go on an all day tour. Do they get you back with plenty of time? Does anyone have any company recommendations? My husband and I are going and we like to snorkel, relax, and would prefer something that included food and drinks. Also, something with less people would be preferable. Any advice??

We visit St. Croix (on land) annually so I can't answer the ship excursion question. But you can't go wrong going to Buck Island with Big Beard's (out of C'sted) or Teroro (out of Green Cay). We prefer the latter as there are fewer people on the boat and you do mostly sailing across to Buck Island. Also they snorkel first and then go to the gorgeous beach (I prefer it that way).

And it is true that the Big Beard full day is the same as the half day except you go back onto St. Croix proper to have a barbecue lunch. Me, I'd rather go the half day and then have lunch back at Rumrunners at the Christiansted harbor or Polly's on the Pier in Fredericksted.

Archived