Super Bowl on board?

jpatryak

Cruising in 2006, will be at sea on Carnival Liberty on Super Bowl Sunday. Carnival says, "If the dish is in a direction to pick up the signal, the super bowl will be televised".

Any experiences with this?

Yes, they will show the game. Carnival is just covering themselves with that statement. They will at times show the game in the main lounge.

You can also check out this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=117042

The 2006 Super Bowl is scheduled for Detroit, and will be postponed due to a massive snowstorm, the accumulation from which will be unable to be cleared in time due to the bankrupt city not having the resources to do the job.

Unless Hizzoner Kwame hooks up a plow blade to the front of his brand-spanking new Lincoln Navigator hooptiemobile and does it himself. :rolleyes:

This will be the *last* Super Bowl *ever* in a cold-weather site.

The 2006 Super Bowl is scheduled for Detroit, and will be postponed due to a massive snowstorm, the accumulation from which will be unable to be cleared in time due to the bankrupt city not having the resources to do the job.

Unless Hizzoner Kwame hooks up a plow blade to the front of his brand-spanking new Lincoln Navigator hooptiemobile and does it himself. :rolleyes:

This will be the *last* Super Bowl *ever* in a cold-weather site.

Wow @ the bolded.....that's all I will say

KK (also stands for Krispy Kreme, maybe *that's* why he has to wear a 6X shirt) was just recently named the third-worst mayor in the country. I think that is a travesty, there cannot possibly be two people even close to being as bad as him

We *should* have elected Gil Hill.

Coleman Young turned political corruption into a high art form. KK is pure-and-simple, a thug.

KK (also stands for Krispy Kreme, maybe *that's* why he has to wear a 6X shirt) was just recently named the third-worst mayor in the country. I think that is a travesty, there cannot possibly be two people even close to being as bad as him

We *should* have elected Gil Hill.

Coleman Young turned political corruption into a high art form. KK is pure-and-simple, a thug.

Try Cleveland's mayor.....I don't know very much about Kwame's character, but he doesn't strike me as politician material....call me bias, I'm a poli sci major.

The Patriots Will Win The Super Bowl In Detroit.......there Is No Other Team In The League Who Plays Better In The Snow ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Just Ask The Colts ! ! ! !

WE'LL BRING OUR OWN SNOW REMOVAL EQUIPMENT..........WE'VE HAD LOTS OF PRACTICE CLEARING THE FIELD AND THE SEATS AFTER A 32 INCH SNOWSTORM SO THAT WE COULD PLAY FOOTBALL. THEY DON'T CALL GILLETTE STADIUM THE "SNOW BOWL" FOR NOTHING.

Dondonma

Foxboro Ma

I needed the laugh.....lived in Detroit for many years.

And, I got to see the Super Bowl this year in Punta de Mita Mexico. Granted it was broadcast in Spanish, and the commercials just were not the same, I still got to see the game. If they can do it in Punta, they can do it on a ship.

The Patriots Will Win The Super Bowl In Detroit.......there Is No Other Team In The League Who Plays Better In The Snow ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Just Ask The Colts ! ! ! !

Just curious, did I miss the memo where it states that Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence Is An Acceptable Form Of Punctuation? :confused:

WE'LL BRING OUR OWN SNOW REMOVAL EQUIPMENT..........WE'VE HAD LOTS OF PRACTICE CLEARING THE FIELD AND THE SEATS AFTER A 32 INCH SNOWSTORM SO THAT WE COULD PLAY FOOTBALL. THEY DON'T CALL GILLETTE STADIUM THE "SNOW BOWL" FOR NOTHING.

Great, but we at least have a *dome* :rolleyes: . My concern is that the city will be completely paralyzed, no one will be able to get to the stadium.

Just curious, did I miss the memo where it states that Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence Is An Acceptable Form Of Punctuation? :confused:

I have seen that frequently on this board. It seems very time consuming, why in the world would one stop to use the shift button for every single word, or even worse using the caps lock and holding down shift for everything else :confused: :(

j/k, really hope no one holds down the shift key to type an entire paragraph :eek:

The capitalization was not intentional......it's just the way it printed. I actually got good grades in English in high school......

In regards to playing football in a dome.......football was created to play in weather like New England.....playing in the mud, and snow....awesome ! ! ! !

Teams that play in domes get spoiled and when they come to New England, they lose !!!!! Just ask the Colts!!!!!

Can you tell I don't like the Colts? :rolleyes:

Dondonma

then when Coleman was in office ?? I find that hard to believe, I used to be a HUD auditor there, and just **loved** what I found whenever I did audits of the City.

Back when Coleman was in office, they used to have the "hoe down" party once in awhile downtown but with Coleman at the helm we called it the "hoed up"

and I am a news junkie......

South Florida isnt real big on Detroit news, seems like we have more NY'ers around here.........

I guess Ill wait before I move back to the city, believe it or not, I miss it there.

Oh hey tef we have plenty of snow removal equipment... just use all the pieces intended for the handicap ramps for the busses. It should be ok... Kwame will be gone by then and Peterson will send all of Oakland's trucks to clear it away... Orchard Lake won't be plowed but Woodward will be.

Hey... Holiday class ships are Panamax right? How about Carnival brings one up the St. Lawrence and we see some cruises from the D? Maybe a Cedar Point/Kelly's Island/Mackinac Itinerary?

Hey... Holiday class ships are Panamax right? How about Carnival brings one up the St. Lawrence and we see some cruises from the D? Maybe a Cedar Point/Kelly's Island/Mackinac Itinerary?

And which foreign port (that people would actually want to visit) would you suggest for the itinerary, in order to stay compliant with the Passenger Services Act?

Archived