This is our first time one RCI sailing on Voyager in 2 days?

We booked a last minute cruise on the Voyager and have not sailed with RCI before so have a few questions I hope someone can help me with?

How formal is formal on this ship? We have sailed with Carnival both back when they really did formal and recently that it is not as big a deal so am concerned that I may not be packing right cause I'm use to packing light now days.

Can you bring soda and water on board and if you do do you carry it on like with Carnival and NCL or pack it in your bags?

I know that I had other questions but my brain is so tired of thinking I can't remember them right now so if you have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

I think it is a little more formal on RCCL than CCL but Ive also seen 80's baggies with crop top muscle shirt in the MDR on RCCL:eek:

I just did a carnival cruise last month while I only saw a few Tuxes/evening gowns, I did see alot of suits/Cocktail dresses.

We wear suit/cocktail dress on both lines

Sometimes outside water and soft drinks are allowed. Other times they are taken and returned the final evening. So, try it and see. Carry on or in bags does not seem to matter.

I think Derek Lewis in the Pig and Whistle (the English pub on deck 5 most nights) is funny, so check him out. I think he just got married -- At least, he was supposed to.

Cafe Promenade on deck 5 is free. It is a good place for a light lunch when first boarding, especially if you have early dining. The buffet on deck 11 can be crowded when boarding, but of course has more options. Cafe Promenade has pre-made sandwiches, pizza (might not be available for lunch when you first board), desserts, and Seattle's Best coffee (always smells so good whenever I would walk by there).

If you don't want the party atmosphere when departing, try the helipad. Take the front elevators to deck 4, go outside, walk up the steps towards the front of the ship, and keep walking forward. Or, go into the Cleopatra's Needle lounge on deck 5, go out a side door on the right towards the back of the lounge, go outside, turn left, and continue walking to the front of the ship.

We booked a last minute cruise on the Voyager and have not sailed with RCI before so have a few questions I hope someone can help me with?

How formal is formal on this ship? We have sailed with Carnival both back when they really did formal and recently that it is not as big a deal so am concerned that I may not be packing right cause I'm use to packing light now days.

Can you bring soda and water on board and if you do do you carry it on like with Carnival and NCL or pack it in your bags?

I know that I had other questions but my brain is so tired of thinking I can't remember them right now so if you have any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

We sailed Voyager last year, same time. Formal night wasn't as FORMAL as I've seen it on other cruises. Some people were very dressed up, most were dressed as if they were at a nice restaurant at home. I didn't see a single tux, just a few evening gowns. Mostly slacks on the men and a button down, some jackets and ties. Girls mostly wore cute cocktail style dresses or suits, even slacks and a dressy shirt. I don't think I saw a single pair of jeans, but then again I don't consider myself a MDR Jean Police, either. If you look clean and presentable, I say enjoy yourself.

I don't know how picky New Orleans is, but Galveston confiscated almost everything that wasn't hidden. There were carts and carts of sodas and waters in addition to liquor that they took. However, some people have had luck with a six pack of soda or water in a carry on and it wasn't taken. It's luck of the draw. If they take it, oh well. You're out the cost of the soda or water. It isn't like they won't let you board!

Have fun! We LOVED the Voyager. You can read my review HERE if you'd like!

Thank you so much everyone. I have been rather on the fence with packing, I hate to pack to begin with although have to admit unpacking is even worse lol. With finding the cruise at the deal we found and never being on RCCL is why I ended up doing it last minute. It was and has been a difficult decision because I had been watching for NCL 10 or 11 day cruise then to wake up this morning and see the one that I had been wanting go down in price was just a killer because there were so many ports that we hadn't had a chance to experience before but I guess it's just watch and wait again for next year. My other problem is trying to figure what to do at these ports because of not having time to arrange anything especially Falmouth because it is so new and farther away from some of the things that we had considered, we have been told it is not recommended to do them. Have any of you used or heard of a gentleman called Captian Polly out of Montego Bay. My sister did but she cannot find any of her information from him for me now and I haven't been able to find him on the internet as she can't remember the name of the company he runs. If you have any suggestions for that please let me know and the cost to it as well.

Again thank you for taking you time to try to help me.

My other problem is trying to figure what to do at these ports because of not having time to arrange anything especially Falmouth because it is so new and farther away from some of the things that we had considered, we have been told it is not recommended to do them. .

We are doing the cruise after you and Falmouth we are doing a ship excursion.

We usually book with locals but the price of taking my GF to DRF was about the same price from the ship as doing it private.

Grand Caymen you can get off the tender pier and there will be plenty of locals offering excursions.

Cozumel the port area next door(CCL) Is actually nicer than RCCL port area. BUT alot of things to do. To many to list

Archived