Onboard Concierge Tours using OBC

shoesonfire

Does anyone know if the onbaord concierge will arrange private tours in ports and if the Azamara OBC will apply to such booked tours? If so, do these tours differ from the regular land excursions offered and/or are they more expensive?

Hello Frank and Jan -

I'm pleased to let you know the good news that you may redeem your Azamara OBC when you visit our onboard Concierge Service to create your own custom-tailored shore experience!

I think this bodes well for what I remember about the very excellent suggestions that you suggested to Larry Pimentel on his Q&A Forum in mid-January about visiting " local establishments, residents homes, businesses or otherwise that would give us a taste of their everyday lifestyle." Your example about your friends who had the unique opportunity to experience 'bread making' in someone's home in Turkey was excellent and made an impression! In fact, here is a link to that conversation: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1553359

You mentioned that you and your friends will be vacationing on the Azamara Quest, October 6-16, 2012 and perhaps this voyage might offer you an opportunity to use your Azamara OBC to "orchestrate” what you want to remember from the destinations you'll be experiencing rather than simply plugging into what is being offered, especially since it seems you're a repeat European traveler. You also suggested more "night tours at ports where we do not leave until 11 or midnight!" Well, in Civitavecchia (Rome) and in Portoferraio, Elba we'll be there until midnight!

Of course, private arrangements or custom tours will be always more expensive since the costs for the vehicle, driver and the licensed guide will be amortized by a smaller number. Further, this "exclusivity" is what makes them different as the content will cater to your specific - individual - taste/selection. It's always more expensive to have tailor-made anything...shirts, suits, shoes...tours - rather than buying off the rack.

I want to emphasize that the customs tour(s) prepared by our onboard concierge will be operated by the same tour operator firm that operates our regular tours and thus will offer you the same level of security and peace-of-mind.

Enjoy your forthcoming vacation on the Azamara Quest in October and my best wishes to you and your friends for adding another dimension to your Azamara experience!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hi Bill: Will try to keep this brief -- just wanted to say thanks for the concierge info. Just another reason we're so excited about our cruise. Although we don't want to wish our days away, we're really getting anxious to be back aboard Azamara and show our friends (who are lst time cruisers) the wonderful time we've already experienced. Good to hear from you and glad you're back on top again.

Jan & Frank

Archived