FLL National Car Location

Did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Where is the National Car Locations in FLL? Looking at nationalcar.com site, it shows 2. FLL airport on Terminal Drive and Port Everglades on Terminal Drive??? Are they one is the same location?

I will be picking up car at MCO and driving to FLL later in the week and need to know where to drop off car and catch a cab/shuttle back to hotel precruise. Post cruise is there a shuttle to National car to pick up again?

Thanks

We flew into FLL last month to visit family. There is a "car rental center" that is at one of the terminals. You'll need to take a short shuttle ride to get there. National is in that car rental center.

ALL of the major rental car companies at FLL are now located in the new "Car Rental Center" which is a massive new parking garage in the middle of the airport terminals. Just follow the signs as if you're going to the main terminals and into the Rental Car Return lanes.

Just a word of warning. There were seven ships sailing from Ft. Lauderdale the day we departed. I dropped DH and our luggage at the ship and then headed back to airport to drop off my National rental at the airport car rental center. I got there at about noon and the line for the shuttle to the port had about 50 people already waiting, all with quite a bit of luggage. I was told a shuttle runs every fifteen minutes, so I gave it a shot. Soon enough, the shuttle arrived -- a 15 passenger van!! Not more than 10 people and their luggage made it onto that van. I gave up pretty quickly. I ended up walking back to the main airport terminal and catching a cab. About a five minute walk and less than a five minute cab ride. I am sure I was already enjoying a drink at the Windjammer while those folks were still waiting for a lift to the port.

Yes, I should add that that goes both ways... It's only about a 5 minute cab ride between FLL and Port Everglades as they're adjacent. I would forget about any shuttles and just grab a taxi as they're plentiful at each end, and well worth the minor cost for the convenience!

Archived