Civitavecchia to Rome transfer

All well and good--no problem with that. However, when I was explicit in my 1st e-mail to this company and told them at least 4 large pieces of luggage, they replied "no problem-no hidden costs, VAT included" and told me they were picking us up in a station wagon. That was in Feb. In May, I e-mailed the company 4 times and they still wouldn't give us their phone, said that they had no record of the first party (me), and wanted to know the address of the other hotel which was supplied back in Feb. They were trying to give me a run around. I cancelled, and cancelled the credit card just in case.

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from the Galaxy which went in and out of Civitavecchia. I used Rome Shuttle Limousine for transfer to and from the port. While the driver was on time and polite for the Rome-Civi portion, on the return, our driver was 1/2 hour late and drove over 125 MPH and scared us to death. I would not recommend this service in the future. The driver said he was at the wrong terminal which was clearly a lie and then drove like a maniac.

Just for the record - we did end up using Rome Shuttle for the port to hotel transfer, and there were pros and cons. The driver was on time and had a station wagon to hold all our luggage. However, he spoke NO English. He drove well over 100mph on the freeway (although this is pretty normal in Europe). There was a special event in downtown Rome that required him to find a creative route to our hotel. He also had to stop at an ATM so our traveling companions could get euros. So all in all, it worked out fine.

We used Rome Shuttle Limo for our transfer from hotel to airport. Again, driver was on time and spoke limited English. The ride was much more calm, but it was also rush hour. He was helpful with the luggage, etc. Good service for the price.

Hope this is helpful!

Jennifer

Archived