Question about Sting Ray City and Rum point excursion for Grand Cayman

abisha

Can someone tell me how long you spend at Sting Ray City and how long you actually spend at rum point for this excursion ? I found out that the "time periods" listed on the excursion may not always be accurate. It says you spend 1 1/2 hours at rum point but not sure if that's really the case, and takes 30 minutes to get to the "sand bar" but nothing about how long you spend w/stingrays.

Thanks

I've done this excursion several times. It's my favorite thing to do in GC.

We always spent about 1 1/2 hours at Rum Point.

Timing depends on the people on the boat with you.

If you're looking to spend more time at Rum Point, then the sooner everyone is done with the sting rays and the second snorkel stop, the sooner you get to RP.

I've gone when it was just me, my husband and my mother. The timing was entirely up to us.

I have done this excursion three times and I don't actually know how much time we spent at StingRay City. We do usually spend appx 1.5 hours and beautiful RumPoint Beach. I use NativeWay. If you send them a message, I am sure they will give you the answer.

I agree with Cathy, we've used Nativeway and been extremely happy with them.

They do a snorkle, stingray and then off for lunch to Rum Point. They most certainly fill up the entire day, we didn't have time to shop before or after the excursion but I loved it so much I did it twice.

I will say we will be in GC next September and plan to see a few other things, maybe even go to Hell :eek:

Carole

Another vote for Nativeways Watersports - great excursion - I remember at least 1.5-2 hrs at Rumpoint beach which is stunning - and it's a nice relaxing boat ride there and back with the wind blowing and great scenery!

I agree that you should perhaps contact Nativeways to get more accurate information on timing! :)

is nativeway bookable on Carnival website or do you go to their own?

do you have to take a cab somewhere?

It's an independent excursion. Here's the website: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Rays, Reef and Rum Point

You walk a short distance to the bus, then a short ride to the pier to get on their boat.

I vote for Native Way, as well. It will also depend on what else you are doing. The way it went in November was as follows.

1. Get on bus/passenger van to dock.

2. Drive 30 mins or so to the sand bar. Spent about 30 mins* there.

3. Drive 10 mins to the snorkle area, spent 40* mins there.

4. Drive 10 mins to Rum Point. Spent about 1.5 hours there.

5. Drive 30 mins back to the dock.

6. Take vehicle back to the pier.

* all time approximate

You can also easily rent a car and drive 50 minutes to rum point if your over the stingrays....best time I've had there. Cool souvenir too as you have a drivers license from the cayman islands. Car rental was $50 and gas less than $10.

It's an independent excursion. Here's the website: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Rays, Reef and Rum Point

You walk a short distance to the bus, then a short ride to the pier to get on their boat.

OK, I've sent them a request 2x for our cruise in April and have not heard back....1st time was about 2 weeks ago and then again today? I even checked my junk mail box? Any ideas?:cool:

The water looks amazing at stingray city! I also wonder if there are any other "visitors" of the not so friendly kind in those waters that would make me want to have second thoughts? Anyone have any encounters or heard of any dangerous situations with sharks?

OK, I've sent them a request 2x for our cruise in April and have not heard back....1st time was about 2 weeks ago and then again today? I even checked my junk mail box? Any ideas?:cool:

I had to send my request twice as well. They got back to me soon after the second one. They were very nice when I did finally get to speak to them :)

Did this excursion 4 years ago off the Valor. Went on the first shift and were the first boat at the sandbar. You could see all the rays following the boat because they knew treats,ie, squid chunks, were on the way. I was in awe as to the turnout of rays that showed up. We stayed at the sandbar for on hour and when we departed for rum point there must have been twenty other crafts there sharing all the rays we had for our selves earlier. Rum point was great, about 1.5 hours. Food was good bar shortshotted and gave local change, not US. All in all, great excursion. My advice, book the first tour. Have fun

I'm stuck between Nativeways and Stingray Sailing. Even though Nativeways stops at Rum Point, Stingray Sailing is on a Catamaran and is not more then 29 people. I love the idea of a catamaran over a boat.

Has anyone done Stingray Sailing? Any opinions especially if you done both. I'm just can choose between the 2 :(

I contacted them by email twice concerning our excursion in April. Their response took a day or so but they did respond both times I contacted them. Sharon answered all my questions and I booked this morning. Did you try booking on their website or by email?

Archived