Camp Carnival for Under 2's Sea Days

kimfrazee

Hopefully someone with recent experience on Elation will drop by since it apparently varies per ship. I can't really see them doing it 10-12 since under-2 time has to be when Camp is otherwise closed.

If you need a definitive answer and don't get one in a couple of days, you might want to find a roll call for a cruise before yours which has an under-2 parent and ask them to note the time(s).

Note that a parent must stay with the child, and the toys tend to be for a the toddler+ age group. I think I read that your LO will be 15MO on the other thread, so you'll have to watch out for what he/she grabs. It is nice to keep them contained for a bit, but worse case you can find a club or lounge with limited access to contain them during most times of the day.

WE were on the Pride last week and family play time was 8-10 am on sea days.We took my 10 month old grandson there and he had alot of fun.He was the only one there those days.There were alot of things he played with.I think he had the most fun pushing one of the little chairs around the room.

Laura

Just off the Triumph last weekend.

(will be glad to answer any questions)

Under2s were:

Stay and Play (for free with parent)

SeaDays 8-10am

~we used this each sea day~

Drop off (for a Fee)

SeaDays 8-10am

PortDays 8-10 (may have been 10-12)

LateNight Everynight 10pm-3am (3? or 2?)

~we didnt use this~

They had toys that our 9mo could play with... a 15mo certinally would find something fun to play with.. the toys were up on a shelf (really a large 'wall window ledge') so we just picked out the things and put them down for him to play.. we were the only ones in there the first sea day.. the last sea day another firend joined us for a bit.

We also went to the Family welcome aboard party... lots of music and lights... dancing for all ages.

We did Build A Bear--(small fee, parent required for all ages)

fun time...the girls were great at interacting with him too.

They even gave him a Freddy Tshirt and a FunShip Freddy Story book on the last day!!!

cckin.jpg.b9cf03fe42270e8bb02fbd572b1c725b.jpg

cckindede.jpg.5eca3d59d7a71d3bcb623c6bf8002e80.jpg

bab.jpg.d537226512e46dc7957b52a29d974ba1.jpg

ccfriends.jpg.654f7aaae1b4f9b9d50cdf8f578ec472.jpg

We did (lots) of research and decided on the Chicco LiteWay. Its Awesome! Reclines fully ( which was VERY imoportant, not only for napping, but for a quick diaper change while out and about) but is very supportive unlike umbrellas. Yet was small enought to fit in the closet when in the cabin. (weighs only 16 lbs)--folds very small like an umbrella. but is Very Sturdy, which was also improtant since "Traveling GingerBaby on the Go" (you can find him on facebook--lol) is a Big Baby!

We Love it!!

we also got a small backpack type bag (think purse size) to just tuck in the (smallish) cargo space for going around the ship...just big enough to hold 2 diapers, wipes, disposable changing pads, "diaper disposal" bags (which I put EVERY Diaper in, wet or poopy, in the cabin or not--never smelled a diaper once) and a bottle, spoon and bib.

Worked like a charm... I was going to bring our BabyK'tan, carrier but when I tryed him in it for the first time since he was "tiny" he was having none of it.. so the K'tan stayed home...

~also, on Carnival they *did* have Jeep strollers(about 8/10 of them) for "loan" in the Camp Carnival area~

chicco1.jpg.2e1c5f0826c3895cba508f1246679f87.jpg

chideck.jpg.abda648d910f4058300cd370caa0d191.jpg

chibeach.jpg.49b28581d0c49d784ff17f65d58f6bec.jpg

chisleeep.jpg.0c2aa62a35d668cd28c95252920d98dd.jpg

Archived