question please help

spotter27

Can u have someone contact u from home for emergency's and how much is it to place a call to the united states from the boat? thanks

It use to be $9.50 but now I have heard that it is $1.95 a min. It is not fleet wide yet so you would have to check individual ships. It is worth a call to Carnival because you are going to get various answers.

I'm not sure what the procedure is for someone at home to send a message. Fifteen years ago, when we were on a cruise, my mother was very ill. We were on our way back to Miami (last day of our cruise) when we got the message that my mother had passed away. Of course, this was before everyone had cell phones, and not everyone had PC's or access to the internet like we do now.

Can u have someone contact u from home for emergency's and how much is it to place a call to the united states from the boat? thanks

Yes, just give them the Carnival 800 number and the name of the ship you're on. From the call to Carnival they would be informed of the procedure involved.

Info on calling the ship~

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

For customer service please call:

1-866-459-9020 or 954-672-4428

e-mail: dialaship@mtnsat.com

Customer Service Hours:

8:30am to 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time

Please note it is almost $10 a MINUTE~ this is really for emergencies only~ not your child wants to say good night~!

I think to call FROM the Ship to your house it's now $1.95 ($1.99) a minute from the cabin phone.

Archived