NCL Star

agehman1

Recently booked an 8 day out of LA to Mexican Riveria and back. Would like input on anyone who has gone on the cruise, been there, or going. This will be #9 for us all on the east coast to various carribean sites. We live on east coast and are excited to go. Thanks.

Noah Alan Gehman

I think that you'll enjoy the Mexican Riviera
itinerary. I'm not sure if the Star goes all the way to Acapulco, but with it's outstanding
speed perhaps it will. Be that as it may, the
other ports of call are nice also, and I especially like Cabo San Lucas. The first time
we went there, it had about 2 hotels and nothing
more than crafts booths and street sellers. It
sure has changed, with lots of hotels, shops and
nice shore excursions. But I think that you
will really enjoy the Star. We sailed on her
the first year she was in Hawaii and what a
great ship. If you want to patronize some of
the "extra charge" restaurants, be sure to go
to the Japanese Tepanyaki Resturant. It costs
about $10-12 per person but it's worth every cent. It was the best meal we had on the ship. Since Star Cruises took over NCL, they have really gotten their act together. You'll
have a great cruise.

Spends an overnight at Acapulco
here is a link to a story
[url="http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=5708"]http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=5708[/url]

"Norwegian Star emerges from refit"

has the iternary both summer and winter and a story about the new hull art

Proud charter member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society
Oceania Insignia(Athens to Venice)-something new!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;26;23;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
[email]smeyer418@yahoo.com[/email]
Celebrity, NCL, Overnight Ferry, hydrofoil between countries, car ferries and river cruise and of course the Staten Island Ferry

We did a similar itinerary a month ago on the Dawn Princess. We enjoyed it so much we are planning to do it again on the Star. I can help you with any port questions as we went to all except Cabo (it was cancelled [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]) Go to the ports of call board under Mexican Riviera and you will find lots of information. That board is getting a little more active now that more ships are going to and are planning to go to the MR.
I am looking forward to the Star- we really loved the Sun and so far NCL has been the best fit for us.

Karen
Carnival Inspiration-So Carib
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-East Carib
NCL Sun-West Carib
Dawn Princess-Mexican Riviera
up next- NCL Star to Mexico!

We booked an eight day Mexican Riviera cruise with the Star for this October. This will be our third Mexican Riviera cruise. The other two were with Carnival Cruiselines. One was an eight day out of San Diego, on the Spirit with a Balcony stateroom. The other was a seven day out of the Port of Los Angeles on the Elation.
If you can, get a balcony stateroom,you will really enjoy it. All of the ports we docked at were very enjoyable.
Have a great cruise.
HAL

Archived