Tap Beer in Red Lion on Star?

Newcastle Brown Ale is one of those beers that sits squarely between "swill and good". It's far better than the mainstream mass market stuff served everywhere (bud, miller, heinekin, etc.) but not nearly as good as craft beer. I put it sort of in the same category as Sam Adams... a better than average beer with real flavor. It's not very hoppy, which most will find pretty drinkable

All just my opinion. :)

Newcastle Brown Ale is one of those beers that sits squarely between "swill and good". It's far better than the mainstream mass market stuff served everywhere (bud, miller, heinekin, etc.) but not nearly as good as craft beer. I put it sort of in the same category as Sam Adams... a better than average beer with real flavor. It's not very hoppy, which most will find pretty drinkable

All just my opinion. :)

That's a fair review. I do like it better from a tap.

That's a fair review. I do like it better from a tap.

I agree. I find it much better from the tap. Again, similar to Sam's in that regard. I guess crap beer or really good beer doesn't vary much between tap and bottle, but these "decent" beers seem to.

I agree. I find it much better from the tap. Again, similar to Sam's in that regard. I guess crap beer or really good beer doesn't vary much between tap and bottle, but these "decent" beers seem to.

You are so right about the difference between tap and bottle. Being from Colorado I love New Belgium's 1554 on tap but the bottle just about gags me. Same with Sam Adams Winter Lager. I like Yuengling when I am back East but can't find anyone here in Colorado that carries it.

It would be nice if any of the cruiselines I have been on would carry a decent microbrew beer. I can't drink wine due to sulfites but a good cold beer is always enjoyable in my book.

I've noticed the same.

is there a list with the beers available onboard with prices?

Bill

The list can vary a little tiny bit depending upon the itinerary. It always includes a shipload of BMC American Light Lager, Guinness, Bass, Samuel Adams and that's the list.

Cost is about five bucks.

Archived