Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

The methods of LittleMiss normally involve the application of cold water from a garden hose, followed by beatings while blind-folded, and branding with hot irons. All while chanting "My Concordia trip was not so bad".

The funny part is is that this seems to be a racial Slur with regard to the treatment of slaves on slave ships... Please don't say that you are going there because you notice that I am Black?? I'm going to give you more credit than that even not knowing you.

It's not about the money making the ship not capsize, it is about holding carnival/costa responsible for putting someone in charge of 3000 lives that obviously should not have been trusted in the first place. The fact that he wasn't trying to kill anyone, who cares? If I run around with a gun and kill you, but I wasn't trying to, what do you think your family would say: well she wasn't trying to kill her so oh well, she doesn't need to be accountable for her actions...NO WAY! Passenger X is not asking for money from carnival because that will make his bad dreams go away, he is asking for money because this was a senseless act that could have been prevented, or handled better, but wasn't. He is asking for a little acknowledgement from carnival that yes, we shouldn't have put this person in charge, and yes we should have handled this better and yes, we understand that this put you in danger. I think what you are missing here is that after this accident I'm sure these people were happy they were alive, but that sensation only last so long and as you think about the situation you were put in, it makes you more and more mad. Bottom line: This was a senseless act that should not have happen, no the money won't make it go away, but it will make carnival think twice next time about putting someone they even have a question about in charge.

Hopefully they will think twice the next time...

You just don't get it and I doubt that you will. You started two threads and have argued with most that do not agree with your opinion. Now you're playing the victim. That is sad. I agree with some others. You have now made this about you.

Agree 100%. Not getting it seems to be the norm for her.

Thats like saying I am driving the road on my cell phone , I am negligent in my driving duties go left of center , hit you head on , because of airbags and seatbelts , you walkaway from the crash . My insurance buys you a car , thats all you want , yea , how do you know you won't have further problems sometime down the road , and because of my negligence this should have never happened to begin with . I do NOT believe in Lawsuits but in this case they deserve anything they can get, this should have NEVER happened and is was handled so poorly from the evacuation to how they handled on getting people home , it was major cluster f..... and Carnival Corp . deserves any lawsuits they get.

I think a lot of our judgements are clouded because we live in the Sue S of A...everyone looking for that free meal ticket.

I think we have to step back and look at the fact that what is making this look so bad is the lawyers. You know the SECOND this happened they were all over it!

The greed is NOT the passengers or victims, it is the LAWYERS. The only way to change my mind on that is to tell me that they are going to take these cases for free because they feel bad for the families...YEAH RIGHT!

A class action suit is not going to stick. No any one of these people are entitiled to the same compensation, every situation is unique. Each case needs to be done on a case by case basis, you may even find that several of these passengers have felt like they just want to move on and take the $14,000 Carnival offered, but the LAWYERS don't want that to happen because they have to have a certain number of people in order to do a class action suit.

While I believe that each one of these people are entitiled to well over $14,000, I do not think that ANY amount of money will make them forget anything. Money does not make PSTD go away and never will. Flame me if you want but the only people that I think would be even close to be entitled to a million dollars is the family of anyone that perished that they are losing that persons lifetime of income. And what I mean by that is...45 year old dad makes $100,000 a year, works until he is 65...20 years of income plus a 3% living adjustment each year, maybe a college fund for his kids. 80 year old man dies, has grown kids, no dependents...no where near the same as the other passenger.

No amount of money can be put on a life, and no amount of money will ever bring anyone back. That is where the greed will come in. The families of the deceased wanting millions when they probably never received any income from them while they were alive...

And let me ask you this...if the airline loses your luggage and they never find it, regardless of what is in the contents...how much are they responsible for? Not the entire amount of your contents. No way to prove what you had. The same thing will happen here. You can say you had a $3,000 Louis Vuitton that was lost but they where's the proof? Or $20,000 worth of jewelry...better have your own insurance for that...

There has to be some sort of limit that is put on this. But I think the real limit needs to be on what the lawyers get...they should not be able to take a % off the top. Its not like there is a lot of proof to gather for who was at fault.

Agreed!!

The funny part is is that this seems to be a racial Slur with regard to the treatment of slaves on slave ships... Please don't say that you are going there because you notice that I am Black?? I'm going to give you more credit than that even not knowing you.

I did not notice that you were black, and I did not mean to offend you in any way. It was not meant to be a slur on the treatment of slaves, but a parody of the "therapy" provided in Iron Curtain prisons in eastern bloc nations during the cold war era used to "cure" people back before the Berlin wall came down.

If anyone on CC is a former prison guard from one of these Soviet era institutions and they are offended -- well, too bad, I stand by my words.

While Carnival may be the major shareholder in Costa cruises they did not employ Schettino! and most people in the Carnival corporation would never have heard of him prior to January the 13th.

...and I don't know how the holding company can be responsible for Concordia's liabilities. Mark my words. The lawsuits against Carnival Corp will likely be thrown out. People are throwing darts and going with the ones that stick. This one will not stick.

then recuse yourself as you now see that you are the problem, and that anyone who does not agree you is the cause. I think thats no 3.

Losing the topic you are....I am not the problem... The many people suing are and if it weren't for them I would not be back and forth with you now... -2 :)

Amen! I feel these people are making all other Carnival cruises go up. Makes me mad!

The most that Carnival Corp/Costa will be out of pocket for these third party liability settlements & lawsuits is their $10M deductible. Everything above this will be paid by the insurance companies. How are "these people are making all other Carnival cruises go up."

As outlined by analysts the prices for cruises are generally up this spring as cruise companies seek to maintain overall revenue due to a drop in bookings since the Concordia incident. The only people you should be mad at for the increase in prices are the fools at Costa who sunk the ship.

Interesting point...

and that is why I have everyone signatures and avatars blocked...I only see a posters name...

I really dont care how many cruises anyone has taken..nor do I want to know how they look.....

FWIW..anyone can upload any pix they want and say it is a pix of themselves...

I remember awhile back there was a thread and the poster had a gorgeous pix of herself posted...and her question was.."do you think I will look fat in a bikini?"

well..it took about 2 posts for someone to question if that ws really her.....:rolleyes:

on a side note...why would anyone want to post a pix of themselves or their family..kids et all...on a public..open to the entire cyberworld foroum?

While you must register to post...anyone can view any post made by any poster here......

one reason why I never give a complete description of myself or my demographic.....

You just don't get it and I doubt that you will. You started two threads and have argued with most that do not agree with your opinion. Now you're playing the victim. That is sad. I agree with some others. You have now made this about you.

I'm no victim here, I have an opinion so live with it....also I only really argue back to jabs about me, look at the history of the thread, my arguments have not been about what any one thinks of this situation my arguments are to those ignorant ones that feel I should feel how they feel and slam me while trying to impose their thinking onto me... They are the victims of this thread. State your opinion, defend it, and move on. But no we have to attack the thread starter.... I guess.

...and I don't know how the holding company can be responsible for Concordia's liabilities. Mark my words. The lawsuits against Carnival Corp will likely be thrown out. People are throwing darts and going with the ones that stick. This one will not stick.

Actually Carnvial Corp already announced that they expect to take a 85M to 95M hit due to the Concordia incident. This is due to a drop in bookings and Carnival covering a total of $40M in deductibles related to the accident before insurance kicks in. ($30M ship damage, $10M third party liability).

In other words, the financial statements from Carnival Corp have already made it very clear that they are covering the liabilities for the Concordia incident.

Actually Carnvial Corp already announced that they expect to take a 85M to 95M hit due to the Concordia incident. This is due to a drop in bookings and Carnival covering a total of $40M in deductibles related to the accident before insurance kicks in. ($30M ship damage, $10M third party liability).

In other words, the financial statements from Carnival Corp have already made it very clear that they are covering the liabilities for the Concordia incident.

I understand that part, but what I don't understand is how they can be sued for it.

Thats like saying I am driving the road on my cell phone , I am negligent in my driving duties go left of center , hit you head on , because of airbags and seatbelts , you walkaway from the crash . My insurance buys you a car , thats all you want , yea , how do you know you won't have further problems sometime down the road , and because of my negligence this should have never happened to begin with . I do NOT believe in Lawsuits but in this case they deserve anything they can get, this should have NEVER happened and is was handled so poorly from the evacuation to how they handled on getting people home , it was major cluster f..... and Carnival Corp . deserves any lawsuits they get.

I appreciate answers like this one!! My goal was to obtain different views but some how this curtailed. :)

I appreciate answers like this one!! My goal was to obtain different views but some how this curtailed. :)

LOL that tends to happen on here. I followed this thing pretty closely from reading survivor first hand info on different news articles , and other sources. I still think we will never fully know what the Capt. was thinking. But lets pray others will learn from his mistakes.

The title of the thread is Concordia customers suing for all this money they should be happy they are alive... How does that statement pass judgement? It's the truth!! They are suing for a lot of money and they should be happy they are alive.
are you aware of survivor guilt syndrome ?:)

Other than the US flight does anyone know of other cases which will most likely be used as precedence? The Titanic is rather a ways back I would think. It would be interesting to know what sort of settlements there were.

Other than the US flight does anyone know of other cases which will most likely be used as precedence? The Titanic is rather a ways back I would think. It would be interesting to know what sort of settlements there were.

There was an article linked in one of the Costa threads written by a lawyer who appeared on the CNN legal round table. The article listed some of the major transportation disasters of the past 30 years (planes, trains, ships) and payouts that were involved. Please keep in mind it is hard to establish "precedence"; the rules and treaties for airlines are very different than the rules and treaties for ships, and different again than trains which are usually national in nature... as well as all these incidents occurred in different western nations.

I just Googled that, about the Titanic, interesting.

There was an article linked in one of the Costa threads written by a lawyer who appeared on the CNN legal round table. The article listed some of the major transportation disasters of the past 30 years (planes, trains, ships) and payouts that were involved. Please keep in mind it is hard to establish "precedence"; the rules and treaties for airlines are very different than the rules and treaties for ships, and different again than trains which are usually national in nature... as well as all these incidents occurred in different western nations.

And I would think that there would be huge differences depending upon the details- fault or no fault as it were.

Archived