Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

By the reasoning of some people here, those that died should get nothing. After all - they will never need their clothes or their passports again. And no doctor bills. And if they were retired, as at least one couple was, no earning potential. And no post traumatic anxiety. So why should their families be awarded any money. And if the bodies weren't found- not even any shipping costs. And giving the family money sure isn't going to bring anyone back.

I don't happen to agree with this line of reasoning but just saying.

Wow your wealth of ignorance astounds me..... Clearly not what we're saying and you know this

I like how the thread on the Costa boards is titled Greedy Costa Concordia passengers suing for all this money.

The op claims that she is stating her opinion but clearly the title of the thread is to get a reaction from people and stir up an argument.

Nah just to get them to join all this fun ;-)

I do have to question what this thread is doing in the Carnival Cruise Lines forum when it belongs over on the Costa Cruises forum.

Carnival Corp is the parent of both companies but Carnival Cruise Lines is a distinctly separate cruise line than Costa Cruises. Is not this forum expected to be used to discuss experiences on Carnival Cruise Lines ships only?

Good question, I had a thought, and posted it where I was at the time. After thinking about it, I started a thread in Costa inviting them over. Costs and Carnival are two in the same so to say

According to poster..vanessa...it could take 35 years for ptsd to kick in....as a therpist type of person you must have heard stuff.like that before...so should they wait to sue in the future? I think not.

So bank their money...

waldocruiser1,

A free cruise for the rest of their life sounds 'stupid.'

You are correct that the dead won't need money, but I'm not sure that was the point you wished to make? :o

As for the free cruise for life, to me I think if you are going to try to settle the "mistake" you are going to try to keep the customer, and keep them happy, you can give them $1,000,000 or $1,000,000 in cruises, from a business point, you want to keep them coming back, and happy. The money will be gone if a few years, but if you can get them back on the ship, and they are happy, they will talk about how you did the right thing to everyone. Free does not mean everything is free, just the cruise. spending money would still be on the customer, and if the cruise was free, they would spend.

As for the why do the dead need money, yes, it was intended to be stupid, the families of the dead need to sue just as much as the living, to make the company pay for their mistake. The op was asking "why sue"? Because that is the way things go.

You had more credibility until you claimed that your therapy works every time. There is NO therapy that works every time. If there was we would not continue to have traumatized service men- we could just do your therapy and all fixed.

Sorry I forgot that I am speaking to some people that you have to spell everything out.... My action plans work every time with regard to PTSD...I have not had a million people with PTSD I can only speak on the clients in which I service. They use those plans in daily life to help with proper coping strategies. Let me talk to you like a four year old... MY ACTION PLANS DO NOT GET RID OF PTSD it only helps those with it to cope and 100% of MY clients it works for and are coping. PERIOD

Why should my insurance have to pay for treatment that was caused by negligence due to the cruise lines mistakes?

And you are 100% correct but those supported by greed, they will keep the money not pay it in cash and use their insurance

Get outta here with that BS!! When has nightmares ever made anyone miss work???

I have read this thread from the beginning but this remark really has me baffled. You claim to be a therapist but think it's BS that nightmares can cause someone to miss work? Surely you jest?

Exactly 80 posts ago to find someone who agrees with your rude remarks about these people caught in a horrific and traumatizing situation. Pathetic is more like it.

Nothing better to do with our time hubofhockey but count post?? Ever see the movie Rain Man?

I have read this thread from the beginning but this remark really has me baffled. You claim to be a therapist but think it's BS that nightmares can cause someone to miss work? Surely you jest?

At this point I think the OP is in the minority on the topic. However, when they posted this topic they thought that most would jump on the Carnival bandwagon... Boy were they wrong

Little Miss, obviously you were not there, so seriously you cannot comment on the situation.

###

But I have a right to an opinion as do you... If this is the case you should be replying to everyone's post in this room... None of us were there....I believe

At this point I think the OP is in the minority on the topic. However, when they posted this topic they thought that most would jump on the Carnival bandwagon... Boy were they wrong

Not really....I just had an opinion to share and I got the views of others that's all. Everyone needs to stop making this out to be more than what it is.

Granted, they are traumatized, now what can 100,000,000 dollars do? Ease the pain NO!! They are still traumatized. If you can prove to me that a million dollars will take away traumatization, then I'll buy it. Ok take the million dollars and pay cash for the doctors visits?? Maybe, but most will probably still use their insurance, do you see where I am going here??

Little Miss,

If I posted here what I think of you I would be barred from these boards forever. Part of what you're missing here is more of the reason for suing. Money can't make everything alright, I don't think anyone is saying that. But in a case where a corporation is as wealthy as Carnival corp. the only way to make them realize their responsibilty is to make them hurt! The only way to make a big corporation hurt is through the pocketbook! Being as small minded as you are I don't imagine that you'll understand this concept, but it is what it is! You say they should be grateful to be alive, I wasn't there but I'm greatful that I don't know you personally, you're a real piece of work!

you should look up the definition of the word.

Capsize: To overturn or cause to overturn.

The Concordia did not overturn, it rolled to the starboard side and sank in shallow water. It was a stroke of luck that the ship drifted into shallow water so as not to capsize which would have made it impossible to deploy any of the life boats.

But they Lived!! Perhaps I should start asking for money daily when I drive on the roads in new Jersey getting traumatized by these non driving fools and being faced with death daily?? That's what I'll do I'll take down license plate numbers and have my attorney send them letters for causing me undue stress and putting me in harms way while on the road due to their gross negligence?? Yeah sounds about right, or better yet sue the car dealer or Ford, Chevy, Mazda etc for allowing their car to be purchased?? Wow I'll be making some cash this year

I SINCERELY hope you never have to find out what it's like to be in a REAL life and death situation. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE. Every person on that ship - whether a Carnival employee or passenger - suffered great trauma and anguish. And whether they lived, died, were injured physically or emotionally - whatever their story is - the cruise line was responsible for EVERY person on that ship. The bottom-line is, "This was gross negligence... and the cruise line was at fault." Period! And unless YOU are sitting on the jury, it's not up to you to judge whether these are frivolous lawsuits or not.

Sorry I forgot that I am speaking to some people that you have to spell everything out.... My action plans work every time with regard to PTSD...I have not had a million people with PTSD I can only speak on the clients in which I service. They use those plans in daily life to help with proper coping strategies. Let me talk to you like a four year old... MY ACTION PLANS DO NOT GET RID OF PTSD it only helps those with it to cope and 100% of MY clients it works for and are coping. PERIOD

Hit a chord dear? Little Miss-let me again repeat- nobody's treatment works 100% of the time. Even if it is just to get people out working and coping. And only charletons would dream of making such a claim.

You must not be in here much if this is the most shameful post you have seen. Everyone is entitled to an opinion now your judging me. What makes you any better?

Megalon has COMPASSION .... Obviously a word you aren't familiar with.

Archived