Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

If you're saying that everyone should wait and try and get the most $$$ possible...then like the OP said....that's nothing but GREED!

Nope. Read again. I said the opposite.

You think the offer is acceptable, and take it.

And then later find out the passenger sitting next to you in the lifeboat got $1M.

How would that make the poster I was talking to feel?

Personally..i am a bootstrapper type of person..and would deal ratio.ally with it..so i have no fear for myself....and even thouvh i wasnt on the zhip i am realistic enough to know that not everyone is that strong and may need therapy....but that isnt reLly the point anyway...the point is costa negligence aand putting their pax KNOWINGLY in harms way....i think evryone agree to costa negligence by now..and if not should go back a read the reports.

Please excuse the zpelling issues..i hate using a touch screen

You're excuzed! ;)

Get outta here with that BS!! When has nightmares ever made anyone miss work???

well..you are the therapist....you tell us...

exactly what are your therapy methods anyway?

your above quoted comment seems odd to me to be coming from a therapist....shouldn't you be open to the possibility that nightmares could keep some from fully functioning is society?

I only ask you this because you say you have patients and therapy methods that work......

your above quoted comment seems odd to me to be coming from a therapist....shouldn't you be open to the possibility that nightmares could keep some from fully functioning is society?

I only ask you this because you say you have patients and therapy methods that work......

She should offer her therapy services to those passengers. I'm sure they'd love to work with her. :rolleyes:

So you are agreeing with me that your response was made in jest? :confused:

I am saying that I think in some cases nightmares keeping you from work is BS. Unless you work overnight and find yourself asleep at work.... Doctors can prescribe something that can give you a sound sleep. Got to work....

Little Miss,

If I posted here what I think of you I would be barred from these boards forever. Part of what you're missing here is more of the reason for suing. Money can't make everything alright, I don't think anyone is saying that. But in a case where a corporation is as wealthy as Carnival corp. the only way to make them realize their responsibilty is to make them hurt! The only way to make a big corporation hurt is through the pocketbook! Being as small minded as you are I don't imagine that you'll understand this concept, but it is what it is! You say they should be grateful to be alive, I wasn't there but I'm greatful that I don't know you personally, you're a real piece of work!

Sorry not to agree with you and just to show you how SMALL minded I am not, I can appreciate your position. Just because I do not agree with you, does not mean you are a bad person. There may be other things that we do see eye to eye on but bashing you for not sharing your same thoughts on this topic that's what's really immature and small minded. You should come to a place where you can agree to dis-agree it shows maturity and growth.

True, but grammar and punctuation need additional educational courses, along with those already listed as post doctoral, in my own humble opinion, of course. Silver

But doing a darn good job considering all of my post are from an iPhone and not a computer. Like stated before my grammar is not the issue, I have written books, and hundred page papers in English and Spanish, but what does that have to do with Concordia and my views? Please stick to topic

I SINCERELY hope you never have to find out what it's like to be in a REAL life and death situation. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE. Every person on that ship - whether a Carnival employee or passenger - suffered great trauma and anguish. And whether they lived, died, were injured physically or emotionally - whatever their story is - the cruise line was responsible for EVERY person on that ship. The bottom-line is, "This was gross negligence... and the cruise line was at fault." Period! And unless YOU are sitting on the jury, it's not up to you to judge whether these are frivolous lawsuits or not.

But I have a right to an opinion and just because I make my opinion heard does not make me any better or worse than anyone else. I am just exercising my right of free speech. Once everyone in this forum understands that, then the bashing will stop. It's not my goal to make enemies hear just to speak my mind and enjoy the views of others. If everyone could come on board and just understand that we all have a right to an opinion we would be a lot better off.... No offense really

Hit a chord dear? Little Miss-let me again repeat- nobody's treatment works 100% of the time. Even if it is just to get people out working and coping. And only charletons would dream of making such a claim.

Make my statement what you want... Wasn't this thread about the Concordia? I'll make another thread just for you to challenge my education and techniques until then stay on topic.... Regards

Nope. Read again. I said the opposite.

You think the offer is acceptable, and take it.

And then later find out the passenger sitting next to you in the lifeboat got $1M.

How would that make the poster I was talking to feel?

To each is own.... I work with people doing the same thing that make more than me... That's their business that's what you are not understanding about me. I know the options I have such as in the Concordia situation if I choose not to infringe on those options and they do, how can I be mad? I had the same opportunities as they did. You will not find a jealous bone in my body and that is something real about me. And believe it or not I am a very compassionate person, I just don't take a bunch of mess or anything that sounds like it. I hope this helps

My best advice is to sue the crap out of them. I think with the Captain deviating from his assigned route, and then everyone was given bad advice to go back to their cabins, which would most likely be under water, it was terrible advice. I say the more you sue them and get your money, then the less likely this will happen again.

See this is where I will not share any longer regarding my profession because what I say will be scrutinized and contradicted. No offense. What I have learned in this board is that sharing can be seen as writing your own ticket for scrutiny, I am sure you know what I am talking about as your post alone points that out but if you are really interested inbox me. Yes, it is very possible that nightmares "Could" keep one from doing whatever during the day, however in my years of training, I, and I repeat, I have never seen such. Mainly if one has nightmares, their issues are not wanting to sleep and sleep deprivation because of the nightmares. This type of individual is usually a workaholic and keep themselves busy day and night. It's ultimately the sleep deprivation that gets them and not the nightmares themselves. And there are treatments for sleep deprivation that I am sure you are aware of. I hope this answers your question

She should offer her therapy services to those passengers. I'm sure they'd love to work with her. :rolleyes:

Have no problem doing such, in fact I recently sent a letter to Costa and Carnival offering my services for free. For any one in need. Just because...

My best advice is to sue the crap out of them. I think with the Captain deviating from his assigned route, and then everyone was given bad advice to go back to their cabins, which would most likely be under water, it was terrible advice. I say the more you sue them and get your money, then the less likely this will happen again.

I can agree it probably won't happen again ;-)

Americans love to sue. For just about anything.

The pax on the Concordia are about to get an education in international treaties, admiralty law and the passenger agreement.

I'll be amazed if they can find a US attorney.

Gramps

Yep

But I have a right to an opinion and just because I make my opinion heard does not make me any better or worse than anyone else. I am just exercising my right of free speech. Once everyone in this forum understands that, then the bashing will stop. It's not my goal to make enemies hear just to speak my mind and enjoy the views of others. If everyone could come on board and just understand that we all have a right to an opinion we would be a lot better off.... No

offense really

I understand.

Some people just can not face the fact that we are not of one brain. That we have different opinons. If it's not their opinion it must be wrong.

Smile and know that the ones who are criticizing your grammar and punctuation are the ones you are really pissing off. :)

See this is where I will not share any longer regarding my profession because what I say will be scrutinized and contradicted. No offense. What I have learned in this board is that sharing can be seen as writing your own ticket for scrutiny, I am sure you know what I am talking about as your post alone points that out but if you are really interested inbox me. Yes, it is very possible that nightmares "Could" keep one from doing whatever during the day, however in my years of training, I, and I repeat, I have never seen such. Mainly if one has nightmares, their issues are not wanting to sleep and sleep deprivation because of the nightmares. This type of individual is usually a workaholic and keep themselves busy day and night. It's ultimately the sleep deprivation that gets them and not the nightmares themselves. And there are treatments for sleep deprivation that I am sure you are aware of. I hope this answers your question

So, if someone is so frightened by something that happened to them, and now having nighmares, you suggest giving them sleep-aids? Wouldn't you want to deal with the thing that frightened them in the first place? Like therapy maybe?

Sounds like you are saying that although these people were supposed to be on VACATION, and that they were promised to be cared for by the ship Captain and crew......and then they were put in a position to fear for their lives..............they should just "get over it" and return to work as normal?? WOW!! You seem to have no empathy.........and you are some sort of therapist? Really? How does that work?

Americans love to sue. For just about anything.

The pax on the Concordia are about to get an education in international treaties, admiralty law and the passenger agreement.

I'll be amazed if they can find a US attorney.

Gramps

Actually some of the leading law firms in the U.S. are leading the class action suit(s) against Carnvial Corp / Costa for the Concordia incident.

The interesting part is that over 80% of the people who hired these lawyers and joined the suits are FROM OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.

What is this nonsense about Americans loving to sue?

Capsize: To overturn or cause to overturn.

The Concordia did not overturn, it rolled to the starboard side and sank in shallow water. It was a stroke of luck that the ship drifted into shallow water so as not to capsize which would have made it impossible to deploy any of the life boats.

I think that you better look up the official definition of "capsize" or discuss the definition with a group of sailors who race sailboats professionally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsizing

On the other hand, ignorance is bliss.

Archived