Ruby sailing time today March 4 2012

wallypbear

Bigred99, Candy ~ Lou and Dave control the camera and the sound when the ships are sailing out. Most times it's on when ships are sailing out; sometimes it isn't.

Also, it makes a difference which camera you are watching. Port Everglades has sound; the new Ft. Lauderdale webcam does not. They're too far away to capture sound from the port. Hope that helps.

Thanks, tntfox... I watched the PE webcam and Ruby made her turnaround and headed out right past me. I saw the camera zoom in on what may have been a banner, but no sound at all. I can hear sound on FaceBook/YouTube OK. This laptop has been overheating and needs to be replaced... hopefully before my 3/26 Noordam.

Thanks, tntfox... I watched the PE webcam and Ruby made her turnaround and headed out right past me. I saw the camera zoom in on what may have been a banner, but no sound at all. I can hear sound on FaceBook/YouTube OK. This laptop has been overheating and needs to be replaced... hopefully before my 3/26 Noordam.

I found that I need to go to the Port Everglades webcam first ( http://portevergladeswebcam.com/ ). Then switch back and forth between the PE webcam and the FL webcam using the buttons that appear when you hover your mouse in the upper left hand corner of the webcam window. The sound stays on all the time if I do that.

Bill

I found that I need to go to the Port Everglades webcam first ( http://portevergladeswebcam.com/ ). Then switch back and forth between the PE webcam and the FL webcam using the buttons that appear when you hover your mouse in the upper left hand corner of the webcam window. The sound stays on all the time if I do that.

Bill

That's interesting. You must stay connected to both cameras then. The FLL webcam is too far away to pick up any sound from the port. All you'd be hearing would be street noises and planes flying overhead.

That's interesting. You must stay connected to both cameras then. The FLL webcam is too far away to pick up any sound from the port. All you'd be hearing would be street noises and planes flying overhead.

There is only one sound stream and it's from the PE webcam. When a ship is not leaving, the sound is the Port Everglades harbormaster radio channel.

Archived