jewel questions

i know they have been done to death but am packing and leaving tomorrow

blow dryers in room?

shampoo,soap in shower?

if you want to have something ironed you have to send it out no irons in room right?

Yes there are blow dryers in the room, there is a dispenser in the shower with shampoo(not the best stuff), and you send stuff out to get ironed. I loved the ship, have a great vacation!

We brought small bottles of shampoo and conditioner with us and I am glad we did as I did not care for what they had in the dispenser in the shower. Not a big complaint, it just had an odd smell to it. Never did ask my wife if she tried it or not.

Used the dry cleaning and pressing service once and it worked very well. It was nice to get very freshly cleaned and pressed items for dinner and it cut down slightly on our packing.

I will probably get introuble for this one, but I always bring my travel iron with me. The only time I didn't was on HAL because they have irons available on every deck. I have used it on NCL 3 times and Disney once. I would even leave it out to cool when the cabin steward came it to turn the beds down at night. I

plan on bringing it with on our 11-27 jewel cruise.

Nancy

I will probably get introuble for this one, but I always bring my travel iron with me. The only time I didn't was on HAL because they have irons available on every deck. I have used it on NCL 3 times and Disney once. I would even leave it out to cool when the cabin steward came it to turn the beds down at night. I

plan on bringing it with on our 11-27 jewel cruise.

Nancy

Yes, you're in trouble. Irons are considered a fire hazard on board. If you know it's not a good idea to bring one you should leave it home.:mad:

Yes, you're in trouble. Irons are considered a fire hazard on board. If you know it's not a good idea to bring one you should leave it home.:mad:

I really don't think there is anything wrong with a travel iron. I don't plan on leaving it plugged in all day. It's no different than your iron at home you unplug it when you are finished. I am sure I am not the only person who brings a travel iron on cruises.

Nancy

Instead of an iron, I'd recommend a travel steamer. It heats up in just few moments, takes very little room in the luggage and does not pose the same fire hazard as an ordinary iron. It worked really well for touching up DH's tux and my evening clothes.

Downey Wrinkle Releaser is a great "tool" to bring with you! In the morning, I take out what I am going to wear that evening and spray it with DWR and hang it up somewhere where it wont get re-wrinkled. It works like a charm.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with a travel iron. I don't plan on leaving it plugged in all day. It's no different than your iron at home you unplug it when you are finished. I am sure I am not the only person who brings a travel iron on cruises.

Nancy

Probably superjerryw is wrong. Unfortunately you´ll be not in the trouble you should be.

Irons are a potential fire hazard and the cruise lines should be much more serious about it. However I doubt any of the stewards will ever do something against them as they depend on tips and they can be sure if they ever will report an iron there tip will be blown away in the wind.

Cruiselines will hardly ever be able to control what people do in their cabins.

So it will also be a matter of responsibility of the people to do nothing that will bring themselves as well as a couple of thousand people into dangeour.

Of course everybody only use his iron responsible, never leave it out of view, always turn it off and let it cool down, ......

That´s the reason so far never ever an iron has caused fire.

I know Nancy and many others will still bring their irons and nobody will be able to change their minds as they are entiteled to their own opinion and responsible for their own actions as grown up people.

It´s the same as I´m entiteled about my opinion about how unresponsible these people are and hoe they should be held responsible for risking so many peoples lifes.

My travel iron is a travel steamer. I guess I just think of it as a iron. I have tried the downy wrinkle releaser and it works really good. I am just afraid of the bottle bursting in our luggage.

nancy

Archived