Good Beach to go on our own?

Still in the decision making stage of what we're going to do on our day in Progreso. DBF is not totally sold on the idea of a trip to the ruins so I'm back looking for info on a day (at least a large part of it) at a beach. Anyone have any feedback on places you've been to? It does not need to be an AI, as DBF does not drink, but we're not ruling it out either. I can drink enough for two, LOL. Something we could do on our own rather than as part of a tour would be preferred.

Thanks!

Erin

Check out the Yucatan Reef Club resort which is east of Progreso. Here is a link to some reviews of it on Trip Advisor. We are doing this in May through Autoprogreso but I'm sure you could take a taxi there also.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499451-d286687-Reviews-Hotel_Reef_Yucatan_All_Inclusive_Convention_Center-Telchac_Puerto_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Skip the Reef club which is where there will be lots of people and take a cab to the Yucatan Villas beachfront hotel where you will have more privacy and there is a nice little restaurant, the San Bruno Grill, as well.

That's what I would do if I wanted to spend time on the beach away from the crowds!

Skip the Reef club which is where there will be lots of people and take a cab to the Yucatan Villas beachfront hotel where you will have more privacy and there is a nice little restaurant, the San Bruno Grill, as well.

That's what I would do if I wanted to spend time on the beach away from the crowds!

I googled this but couldn't find a lot of info. How from Progreso is it?

• 1 month later...

Archived