Help deciding Caribbean trip: Legend v. Zuiderdam

drdaddy

Hi, all.

We are fairly experienced cruisers but I need all your help deciding this dilemna. We have never been on Carnival before and can't decide between two trip, one on the Legend and the other on HAL's Zuiderdam. It is not a question as to which ship because we have been on the Z and we know the Legend is a beautiful ship, too.

The dilemna comes from the itineraries. This is going to be strictly a snorkeling trip. The Legend is doing an 8 night, stopping at Barbados, St. Maarten, and Martinique. I understand that the snorkeling in Barbados and St. Maarten is pretty good but the unknown factor to us is Martinique.

Who has been on this itinerary and has anyone been to Martinique and know about the snorkeling in any three of these ports. I know that the ports are very pretty but I really am interested in the snorkeling thing. Also, how is the water temp during late October in this area? We are from South Florida and have gotten used to swimming in warm water.

I also am curious about the Legend. What can we expect on the FOUR(!) sea days? I tend to get a little bored on sea days unless there are a few organized activities. We also have found out that there will be a large singles group on this trip (300+). We like a good party, enjoy people watching and watching them do silly things but we don't drink much. We will both be 51 for this trip.

The Z does Tortola, St. Thomas, and Nassau and the excursions for these ports for snorkeling look really good. The cruise fares are comparable and I hate to pass up the extra night on a cruise.

I am just concerned about the ports for the Legend.

So, I appeal to everyone to chime in with whatever opinions you may have for us. And....

THANKS!

I haven't been to any of these islands....yet. I will be in Barbados soon. But I thought I'd try to give you a little help!

Barbados: Take a look at www.oceanadventures.bb On the ports of call board for Barbados...they always get great reviews.

St. Maarten: www.saint-martin-activities.com

Martinique:

http://www.zananas-martinique.com/en-martinique-beaches/pointe-du-bout.htm

That should get you started. Also, if you haven't already, check out the ports of call boards for each island. Hope this helps!!!

Archived