bon voyage package on Princess?

atlantic cruiser

Planning on ordering a couple of these for family members on upcoming cruise. Would appreciate feed back as to quality of ship tour, lunch and amount of actual time spent on board. Reads up to 4 hrs. Not sure if that will work with our sailing as Star princess docks at 10:00 am and leaves at 4 p.m. Told we could embark at 11:00 a.m but that seems a little tight to me. Thanks

My daughter and her boyfriend did it for our Pacific Coastal last Oct. Correct, you can't board until 11 and leave at 3. They took theirWelcome Aboard pictures as a couple and also with me. Asked where the dinning room was for the Bon voyage and they tried to direct us to the buffet. Since we knew we needed the dinning room we just kept asking. Lunch was very nice especially with the free glass of wine. They did not do the tour. We took them around and my daughter ran around and got my ticket stamped for the raffle at sailaway. No time to just sit and relax. We had them all over the ship. Also back up to the buffet! Make sure they get their pictures before they get off the ship. It was a hassle for me to pick them up. Thank goodness we were all in a picture together and the photo manager ok'd me to take them. They did not book a cruise to use the $40 credit so it was a very pricey lunch (LOL). She said that she would do it again if we went on a different Princess ship. Hope this helps. Please fell free to e-mail me with any questions.

Happy Sailing,

Joanne

Planning on ordering a couple of these for family members on upcoming cruise. Would appreciate feed back as to quality of ship tour, lunch and amount of actual time spent on board. Reads up to 4 hrs. Not sure if that will work with our sailing as Star princess docks at 10:00 am and leaves at 4 p.m. Told we could embark at 11:00 a.m but that seems a little tight to me. Thanks

The ship docks much earlier than 10 am, and disembarkation starts at about 830am. The limit for each cruise is only 50 guests, so make those reservations as soon as you can(120 days prior to sailing date)

I should know this, but just to be sure...to get the Bon Voyage cruise credit, do you have book while onboard that day? Or is it like a FCC with an extended deadline?

To get the $39 fee for the Bon Voyage experience credited to your next cruise, you have to book a cruise within three months of your BV experience. You can also purchase FCCs while onboard the ship during the BV experience and those FCCs are good for four years as always.

I just signed up 4 of my family to try this on our 5/5/12 Coastal Cruise. Sounds really fun since 3 of them have never cruised. They told us priority boarding at 11am and off by3pm. You can do this even if you just want to check out a new ship and you don't have to know anyone sailing.

Plan to go ahead and book this as well. However am very concerned re how Princess handles this. Previous poster had a difficult time being directed to which dining room and was told several times to go to the buffet! No one seemed to know anything about the bon voyage package. I plan to bring this up when I book as I don't want to run into this problem with a family member in a wheelchair.

Pppiglet- The main dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day. On the May 5, 2012 California Coastal the main dining room is the International Dining Room on the Sapphire Princess, which is at the back of the ship and can only be reached by the aft elevators. However, the dining room does not open until noon and closes at 1:30 p.m. Be sure to time it right.

On the Sapphire's coastal sailing in October the International Dining Room was open for lunch on embarkation day and I expect it to be open on the May 5th sailing too. I might see you onboard!!

Archived