Tender Issues With 5 Ships In Port?

riquohog

We are scheduled to be in Roatan on 4/19/12 sailing on the Glory. I checked and there will be 5 ships in port that day. Does anyone have any idea how this may effect the tenders? We are planning on a 6 hour zip-line/cave tube combo w/VIV Tours. Just a tad concerned on getting off and on the ship in time. It seems like it will be a full house in port that day with a lot of tender activity. I imagine that each cruise line has their own tender contracts? There will be 2 Carnival ships in port this day (Glory & Liberty).:confused:

We are scheduled to be in Roatan on 4/19/12 sailing on the Glory. I checked and there will be 5 ships in port that day. Does anyone have any idea how this may effect the tenders? We are planning on a 6 hour zip-line/cave tube combo w/VIV Tours. Just a tad concerned on getting off and on the ship in time. It seems like it will be a full house in port that day with a lot of tender activity. I imagine that each cruise line has their own tender contracts? There will be 2 Carnival ships in port this day (Glory & Liberty).:confused:

This is not a concern if you are on a tour given by the cruise line but I'm also interested in the VIV tour for my cruise in December. Luckily I will be platinum for that cruise and get priority tender access! :D Really looking foreword to those perks. Without that, If I were you I would make sure that you plan to get on a tender that is much earlier than your tour time so that you can make sure you make it there. The reputable tours are usually quite good at making sure they get you back to your ship on time. But if they offer to "leave you in town for shopping"---Don't do it! as that relieves them of any responsibility if you are left behind. Lets face it these companies would not be in business very long if they caused groups of folks to be stranded in Belize.;)

Thanks Jana60, I plan to get off the ship as early as possible. VIV's confirmation info states it is a 5-1/2 hour tour (9-2:30), so it seems we should be back in time. I think (hope) my ladies are to tired to shop after the adventure...yeah right:rolleyes:

Archived