Wednesday night in NOLA before a Thursday morning departure

SnowCrocus

If you will be in New Orleans on a Wednesday night this spring (March 14 to May 30, 2012) and are looking for something fun to do the night before your cruise leaves (Carnival Elation leaving Thursday, perhaps?), I found these free jazz concerts at Lafayette Square from 5 to 8 p.m. This looks family-friendly. I plan to take my son on March 28. There are some great groups coming - Trombone Shorty, anyone? (We'll miss that week.)

Anyone have any other Wednesday night suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.wednesdayatthesquare.com

What is YLC Wednesday at the Square?

YLC Wednesday at the Square is a free, 12-week concert series with food and drink for sale to benefit the Young Leadership Council. Local artisans also sell their work in the Artist Village near the Camp Street entrance.

YLC Wednesday at the Square is located at Lafayette Square on St. Charles Avenue in the CBD across from Gallier Hall. For a map and more specific directions, click the map below.

Rain or Shine! The concerts will go on!!

View Larger Map

Time & Dates:

Concerts are held every Wednesday from March 14 to May 30, 2012 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, rain or shine.

I have some eating suggestions. Eat at Mothers. The crawfish etouffee was seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. Go early, the lines can get looong. Or try the BBQ shrimp (not what it sounds like) at Deanies. If you like oysters, try Acme Oyster House.

I love cruising out of New Orleans!

If you will be in New Orleans on a Wednesday night this spring (March 14 to May 30, 2012) and are looking for something fun to do the night before your cruise leaves (Carnival Elation leaving Thursday, perhaps?), I found these free jazz concerts at Lafayette Square from 5 to 8 p.m. This looks family-friendly. I plan to take my son on March 28. There are some great groups coming - Trombone Shorty, anyone? (We'll miss that week.)

Anyone have any other Wednesday night suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.wednesdayatthesquare.com

What is YLC Wednesday at the Square?

YLC Wednesday at the Square is a free, 12-week concert series with food and drink for sale to benefit the Young Leadership Council. Local artisans also sell their work in the Artist Village near the Camp Street entrance.

YLC Wednesday at the Square is located at Lafayette Square on St. Charles Avenue in the CBD across from Gallier Hall. For a map and more specific directions, click the map below.

Rain or Shine! The concerts will go on!!

View Larger Map

Time & Dates:

Concerts are held every Wednesday from March 14 to May 30, 2012 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, rain or shine.

Pat Obrien's!! And make your way to Cafe Du Monde...YUM!

I have some eating suggestions. Eat at Mothers. The crawfish etouffee was seriously the best thing I have ever eaten. Go early, the lines can get looong. Or try the BBQ shrimp (not what it sounds like) at Deanies. If you like oysters, try Acme Oyster House.

I love cruising out of New Orleans!

Mothers also has great Po Boys...

OP, I made the suggestion to go to Pat O's then I noticed you mentioned in another post that your son is not 21. I really don't remember what the drinking age is there...all I know is when I lived there it was not an issue. :)

FOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD! DH and I have decided we will eventually make a return trip to NOLA just for the food ( and with no kids and a love of travel we try to make it a point to always go somwhere new if that tells you anything).

Pat o'bryans is a great place to go wether you get a Hurricane or not. The Lemon Vodka Shrimp pasta and the fried alligator are great. K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen is great too but a little pricey.

There is a museum on the other side of the river (not the free ferry however) that has a lot of old mardi gras floats. We didn't make it there but seemed interesting.

The cathedral in the square is a beautiful place to check out and the little stores around it, and within walking distance of the open market and Cafe Du Monde as well.

Dont forget the World War II museum...an amazing place to learn history...

The NOLA Zoo is one of the best

The Aquarium used to be the largest in the US...and do not miss the Penquins.

and..I like your idea...Music IS New Orleans...of course FOOD also is.

Archived