Destiny cruise - will it be affected

So it's true that Thomson will charter that god awful Louis majesty, will this affect the destiny as I've seen possible destiny-majesty swap.

I've booked a cruise on the 20th April till the 4th of May on the destiny if what I read is true and the destiny is to be replaced will this affect my cruise booking as I've pre booked my cabin and upgraded twice. I don't want to go on the majesty as what I've read has been awful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

So it's true that Thomson will charter that god awful Louis majesty, will this affect the destiny as I've seen possible destiny-majesty swap.

I've booked a cruise on the 20th April till the 4th of May on the destiny if what I read is true and the destiny is to be replaced will this affect my cruise booking as I've pre booked my cabin and upgraded twice. I don't want to go on the majesty as what I've read has been awful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It sounds like you will be on the final Destiny cruise. Enjoy it.

Thanks

Is this the Atlantic Sunrise? I don't know for sure but I don't think this cruise is operating any more. I'm guessing this is the repositioning cruise that was ending in Corfu. When you search for this itinerary on the Thomson website, the last itinerary that is given is 16 Apr Colourful Coasts.

If it is still operating I would have guessed that the itinerary might be modified as would doubt it would dock alongside Majesty in Corfu on the last day, but as I say, I do have doubts over if this cruise is now actually operating.

Of course it could just be that it is sold out! I would try and check with Thomson as soon as possible! :)

Just checked on the 'other' cruise booking site and it's still for sale on their so perhaps they haven't got rid of this itinerary. If it is still operating it should still be on Thomson Destiny and you will be on its last ever cruise with Thomson before it becomes Louis Olympia.

Read the other threads.i think we need to argue as a collective group to get results

Too bloody true - ok Thomson can obtain and dispose of whatever ship they wish -- it's their business - but they have to consider adequate compensaton first and not as a fait Accompli - they must have known they were doing this ages ago ad now they get round to telling us? come on!!:mad:

I looked on Thomson website the cruise is still running there's one cabin left! The cruise ends on 4th of may as was the original dates.

I'll be phoning Thomson later, judging by the dates of majesty destiny will dock at the same port.

Just rung thomson customer services they confirmed the last cruise on the destiny will be the Atlantic sunrise. And it will be docking with the majesty in Corfu

Will annoy people even more when they get to Corfu to join Majesty and find Destiny next to them that they were supposed to be going on! Can see people going to get on the wrong ship!

Be a nice photo that though Jdun of Majesty and Destiny together. Destiny's last cruise, Majesty's first. End of one era and start of a new one.

We have booked a two week cruise in july on destiny. Have been contacted by thomsons to inform us that we will now be sailing on majesty. As per previous posts on forum we had pre booked cabin for cruise. We have been 'advised' that as we had booked a cabin on deck three on destiny we should now be allocated a cabin on deck 4 on majesty. On looking at deck plans for both ships if they alocate us same cabing number on deck 4 on the majesty then we will be towards the back of the ship as opposed to the middle as per our wishes on destiny. We have been told by thomsons that we should know our new cabin number no later than the 19th March and if we are not happy with it they will let us choose a different one!! Watch this pace............:confused:

Will annoy people even more when they get to Corfu to join Majesty and find Destiny next to them that they were supposed to be going on! Can see people going to get on the wrong ship!

Be a nice photo that though Jdun of Majesty and Destiny together. Destiny's last cruise, Majesty's first. End of one era and start of a new one.

Providing what she told me is true I'll get a photo of the 2 if they are close enough.

I'll also be keeping a day to day log of the final 2 weeks of it's charter to Thomson.

We had a b2b on Pearls of the Aegean and Adriatic Explorer on 31st Aug this year. Booked through a TA based in Scotland. The TA didn't know about the Destiny/Majesty swap til I told them yesterday. Rang them and Thomsons today and they 'will' be sending us a letter. Meanwhile they assured us that we will get like for like. We had pre-booked a cabin on Destiny so I have asked for a refund of the booking fee. Couple of unknowns at this moment though. I gather Majesty was/is freestyle dining. Wonder if they will still have a formal night? Surely the accommodation can't be worse than Destiny? Will they put the entire Thomson crew onto Majesty - if so, based on previous experience the entertainment and food should be OK? Not sure if I am happy or not!!!

Providing what she told me is true I'll get a photo of the 2 if they are close enough.

I'll also be keeping a day to day log of the final 2 weeks of it's charter to Thomson.

It seems like they're not making much of a deal about Thomson Destiny leaving the fleet. Usually they have things like branding the last cruise as the 'Farewell' cruise and actually mentioning in articles the last itinerary it will be operating, especially considering Destiny's been in the fleet now since 2005 and does have its fans. More fuss was made over The Calypso leaving and they only had that for three years.

I got my letter today from Thomson about the swap of ships. Its my first cruise and Majesty looks ok to me, and newer than Destiny. According to Thomson many of the staff will move over to Majesty and high standards of entertainment will be maintained. Im not concerned by the swap hopefully it will be fine.

Sorry to be thick, but what is the problem with the Majesty?

Cruise Ship Hit By 26ft Waves, Barcelona, Spain

Cruise Ship Hit By 26ft Waves

On the 4th March 2010, The Louis Majesty cruise ship in the Mediterranean got hit by giant waves, 26-feet high waves crashed into the Louise Majesty cruise ship which was cruising in the Mediterranean, resulting in the injury of six or more passengers and the death of two. The cruise ship was sailing from Barcelona to Genoa, Italy. The Louis Majesty Cruise ship is Cyprus-based and was carrying 1,790 passengers. The staff on the cruise ship report that the‘abnormal’ waves smashed the windows of the decks as far above as deck five of the cruise ship.

But couldn't that happen to any ship?

We have just come back from the Dream and as you know 3 crew were killed on that before Thomson took it over. We were also on her in the second week that Thomson had her and there were problems, but now it is a very popular ship. Lots of improvements, although still more to do. Surely it will be the same with this ship, once it is "Thomsonized"

Surely you can't judge a ship on trips with previous companies.

Well a sad day for Destiny but people have been saying how tried she looked so lets hope this is progress will be keeping an eye on the Majesty hopefully she will sail to the caribbean along side dream only 17 days till we join the dream in the caribbean and i carnt wait

I'm afraid I agree with Cruisin Linda on this subject.

As we all know everybody has different expectations so all the bad reviews which have been read regarding Majesty cannot be taken so serious that they should put you off sailing on her, especially when there are good ones as well. As already said, there were plenty of problems etc surrounding the Dream but it appears to be one of the favourites now (not been on her yet so can't give my opinion on her).

Destiny is my favourite ship (but least favourite for many others) so I think we should wait until regular Thomson cruisers have sailed on Majesty and given their reviews before writing her off as a bad job. The lack of a Show Team wouldn't bother me as I don't go to the shows anyway, but other people love them, so as I said, everybody wants something different from their cruise experience. The itinerary is more important to me.

I must admit that Thomson have done themselves no favours in the way they have handled this change, but this seems to be the norm with Thomson customer service (or lack of it!!!).

Initially I wouldn't have stepped foot on the Dream but I would be more than happy to go on her now.

I'm sure there will be lots more on this subject (and so there should be given that Thomson don't seem to give a damn about their customers) but I will reserve judgement on Majesty until I see some reviews from regular Thomson cruisers.

Janet

My brother in law is booked on the Destiny in the summer,I rang him yesterday to see if he knew of the change of ships and had he heard from his T.A,no was the answer to both questions,he rang the T.A and they did not know anything about it,this is First Choice agency.

My brother in law is booked on the Destiny in the summer,I rang him yesterday to see if he knew of the change of ships and had he heard from his T.A,no was the answer to both questions,he rang the T.A and they did not know anything about it,this is First Choice agency.

Further news,the T.A has told him that although he booked a superior inside cabin on Destiny he will be offered a outside cabin on decks 6 or 8 to be confirmed on March19th.

Archived