Worst time to board Magic in Galveston?

lwood

Leaving on Sunday 3/11. I was just wondering when was the absolute worst time to board? What time is the busiest and should be avoided? On the other hand what time is the easiest to board with minimal delays?

Thanks for your help!

CCL is experimenting with boarding earlier now, not sure how that is going , but usually from like 12:30 TO 1 PM , IT IS PRETTY BUSY. AT LEAST THEY STARTED DOING TWO LINES, BUT THEN YOU SIT AND WAIT TO BOARD BY ZONES. IF IT WERE ME , I WOULD SHOW UP ABOUT 1:30..WE ARE ON THE MARINER THE SAME DAY, AND THAT IS WHAT I PLAN. SPRING BREAK MAY MAKE IT MORE HECTIC AS WELL.

I think the easiest time to board if you are not in a hurry is about 2 hours prior to departure. Most people either seem to get there at noon or before, so if you sail at 4:00...I think 1:30-2 would be good. Still may be a bit busy but it should just be people checking in as they get there, all of the early arrivals should be well onboard by then.

We were there on Feb 12. We were VIP so waited in line most 10 minutes. My brother and wife went in regular line. WE got there about noon. Maybe 20-25 minutes the most. Moved very well. Nothing like the horror stories I saw before.

• 1 year later...

Headed back for same cruise 2 years later. Took 1 Spring Break off to snow ski. DW tore ACL so looks like cruising till kids go off to college. Any changes for boarding recommendations for Magic. Loved the ship. Enjoyed last trip. Any other recommendations accepted as well (excursions, tips, avoidances, etc.)

Thanks!

Leaving on Sunday 3/11. I was just wondering when was the absolute worst time to board? What time is the busiest and should be avoided? On the other hand what time is the easiest to board with minimal delays?

Thanks for your help!

Do you mean 3/9 if so are you on our roll call?

I think the worst time to arrive at the pier is 11:45 to 12:30.......that's when the busses from the airports start arriving so you have way too many people trying to drop off with the porters, go through security and check in at the same time.

I arrive at 10:30, porters are plentiful. I go in the VIP entrance and usually have my S&S card in hand by 10:50.........boarding usually begins shortly after 11.

If you aren't interested in getting on the ship early and want to completely avoid crowds get to the pier around 2pm.

Thanks for your help!

I guess you mean 3/9 , That is when it leaves , We will be on it. I like to get there early. :D Bill

We like to get there early. 10:30 is usually about when we arrive. 3/9 is Spring break week for most Texas public schools. The port WILL be very busy with families. Our worst debarkation was off the Mariner Spring break week in 2012. It took us 2 and half hours to get off the ship :(. Getting on the ship wasn't a problem, though. Have a great cruise.

Thanks for your help!

The absolute worst time to try and board would be 5 minutes after she set sail! :eek: