Upsell Fairy

CRUISE4JANE

Can someone explain to me the upsell fairy? I think this is what you call it when you get a chance to move to another category. Correct me if I am wrong. I booked ES. Would I have a chance for the fairy to call me? How does this work? Do you have to pay more or are you moved to another category for free? :confused:

Can someone explain to me the upsell fairy? I think this is what you call it when you get a chance to move to another category. Correct me if I am wrong. I booked ES. Would I have a chance for the fairy to call me? How does this work? Do you have to pay more or are you moved to another category for free? :confused:

This happens when they have unsold rooms of a higher level than yous, they call or email and offer you a "deal" sometimes a great deal sometimes not so good. On my cruise I got a chance to move from Balcony to GS for $300 pp, I passed, that was the money I was talking for shopping, excursions, etc.

ALMOST never for free (that would be the upgrade fairy) there are times when you arrive at port and find out you were upgraded (happened to a couple on my cruise).

They can then move everyone up and sell the insides for a much cheaper price on expedia or somewhere.

Doubt if they will ever call me. I agree $300 pp is too much. I have a balcony on the Empress Deck and am happy with it, but still you hear of people getting such good offers and you think to yourself, "Why cant I get something like that?" Oh well, hopefully I can get a price drop. Never knew anything about this on my first 2 cruises so I couldn't even try. I would love to get an OBC. :)

well I can tell you this much I got a call from the upsell fairy and as she was looking to see what "upgrades" they could offer she said they were no longer available. :eek: Oh well was nice to be thought of anyways :rolleyes:

I guess she dialed the wrong number ?

The "upgrade fairy" does exist.......My bf & I went on our first cruise, back in 2007. We went on the Valor and had the time of our lives! We booked an inside, belly of the ship cabin and ended up being surprised with a free upgrade to an inside Deck 10! It was perfect, we just came out of our room, walked a few steps to the sliding doors that led right out to the waterslide. What a great way to get us hooked on cruising!:)

Archived